16: Halloween

I stared at the black poster in front of me.

Lockwood Academy's Halloween Dance Party 2014

October 22nd, in the auditorium

$15 per ticket and extra for food and drinks

WEAR YOUR COSTUMES!!

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around, grinning.  

"I was just looking for you!" I said to Kyle, and he raised a brow.

"Okay?" He said, walking with me to our class.

"Do you want to go to the Halloween Dance with me?"

He smirked, "hey, I know I'm good looking and all, but I don't know if we should be taking our relationship that way."

I laughed at his egotistical joke and swatted his arm.  "As friends, you dumbo."

Then Kyle's smirk faded, "wait you're serious about going?"

"Of course I am."  

"I thought you hated dances."

"I do, but I kind of felt like going this year.  I heard it was great last year."  I didn't exactly understand why I wanted to go this year, but Kyle came with me, I felt like it could be a lot of fun.

Kyle looked shocked. "How many god damn dances do they have at this school?"

I shrugged, "About once or twice a quarter."

Kyle muttered obscenities about the school under his breath, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well anyway, I'm going whether you aren't, but I just thought you'd have to follow me around anyway."

Kyle glared at me, and I stuck my tongue out at him.  Finally, Kyle gave in and cracked a smile.  

"Fine, I'll go."  

"Thank you." I said, grinning at him.

"I am seriously the kindest person ever."

"Right." I answered, and we entered the crowded classroom.

* * * * *

 I made my way through the dark room with various costumes hung everywhere.  Scary ghosts and plastic dead bodies hung from the ceiling as a creepy song echoed from somewhere in the room.  Suddenly, a random witch popped up from in front of me, and I let out a loud yelp.

Kyle burst out laughing from behind me, and I glared at him.  "What did you do?" Kyle pointed to his feet, and he was stepping on a button that said step here.  The witch that popped out fell back down, and I huffed.

"That was so not cool." I muttered, and we continued our way through the creepy store.  I went to the teens section and looked through all the way-too-girly costumes with mini skirts and neon colors.  I wanted to wear something scary, but I wouldn't find one in this section.

"Hey," Kyle said, "what about this one?" I looked up to see where he was pointing, and my eyes landed on a playboy bunny costume.  I gave him a frustrated glower, and he laughed.

"I think you'd look good in it." He joked, and I moved to punch him in the stomach.  But Kyle moved too quickly, his strong arms were grabbing my fists before I was even halfway there to his stomach.

"You really think you could land a blow on me?" He smirked, and I loosened myself from him.

"Not really." I said, trying to protect my dignity.  Sometimes he acted like such a normal teen, like a friend, that I forgot he was actually a trained...spy.  I found my way through the Halloween costume shop, and the creepy music and errie lightning followed.  Kyle was walking ahead of me, and I grinned at the perfect oppurtunity.