"It's my house and my party,"

3rd POV

"I seem to only be friends with two people in the office, Pam and Jim," Max said scratching the back of her head. "So, to change that I'm throwing a little party from eight to eleven, at my place. To get to know people better." She paused, "you know, saying it out loud, I don't think this is a good idea."

John, the producer nodded his head, "probably."

_

Max had just sent E-invites to everyone in the office, but her gut what telling her this was a bad idea, maybe she shouldn't have invited Michael or Angela or Dwight or anyone. She never really talked to the other people in the office; she actually avoided them; it was great for the most part.

"See what she thinks about me-" Is all the camera picked up from Jim as he walked away from Pam's desk, and she nodded hopefully before 'thumbs up-ing' Jim.

As the camera panned back to Max to show that she was sorting through some papers, Jim sat his desk in front of her, pretending to call someone as he studied her

As the camera panned back to Max to show that she was sorting through some papers, Jim sat his desk in front of her, pretending to call someone as he studied her. Max hummed softly, she held a pencil, tapping the desk gently. Her head was propped on her fist, her light blue blouse wrinkling.

She fiddled with her box braids, they were just done and giving her a headache. She looked up as she heard Jim whisper, "Should I get braids?" In which she answered. "It would look good on you, but it would also be cultural appropriation, so tread lightly." She said to him before laughing lightly.

The camera turned to Pam, who's smiling happily, looking at the camera giving thumbs up again, happiness was her thing

_

"Yes, Jim and I did date for a few months," Pam said. "He's really, really sweet and funny." She explained, almost trailing off into a daydream, "but, we just decided to be friends."

"We agreed that being friends would be the best plan." Jim scratched the back of his head. "We're both single- she's actually my wingman!" He said as Pam giggled.

 "We're both single- she's actually my wingman!" He said as Pam giggled

"But yeah," She got serious. "I'm glad we at least tried it out."

"Agreed."

_

"Max, can I talk to you for a second?" Pam asked. Max nodded, getting up from her chair and walking over to her friend.

"What's good?" Max asked, leaning on her hands.

"Hey, what do you think of Jim?" Pam asked giddily like a school girl.

"He's funny, I guess." She shrugged, unsure of where any of this was going. "Why do you ask?"

"Well," Pam said, "there's like this really cool restaurant a few minutes away that Jim really likes-"

"Is it Chili's?" Max interrupted. "I heard everyone here loved Chili's and I was gonna through a party there, but the bookings were full. Boo!"

"Party?" Pam asked, the earlier conversation over

"Yeah," Max said nodding, "you didn't get the E-invite?"

Confused, Pam looked at her email and saw the E-invite, titled 'Getting Litty with the Committee!' "Fun!" Pam smiled, then frowned again. "You didn't give one to Michael, did you?" She whispered.

"Yes, but Immediately regretted it," Max huffed as Michael ran out of his office, "oh, no." She groaned.

"GUYS!" He yelled, all eyes on him, walking over to reception. "Our child, Max Johnson, wants to know us better. It's just-" Michael stopped himself, tearing up. "if you don't show up, then you're stupid, do you need me to get like... alcohol or anything?" He said, tears in his eyes.

"Dude no," she said shaking her head, "the email might be title 'litty' but we practicin' sobriety there, Meredith asked for no alcohol and I obliged." She told him before shrugging, "just bring your great personality."

_

Max sat in front of the camera, cradling her hands, "maybe I'll just cancel this whole thing, this isn't good at all!"

_

"Oh-" Michael said. "Well that's kind of lame-" He whispered to himself. "I'll see you there?"

"It's my house and my party," Max nodded before scratching her ear, "wh-why wouldn't I be there?" She asked Pam in disbelief as he walked back into his office. "I think I'm going to cancel this," Max said, Pam laughed.

"Please, no." She said to her, "I need this party."

_

"Alright, everybody clock out!" Michael said, quickly leaving his office. Everyone got up and collected their things as they headed for the door, and Max talked to Jim as they packed, asking if any of this was a good idea; Pam slowly picked up her things to eavesdrop.

_

"I wanna be the maid of honor when they get married... so." Pam nodded, laughing.

Max

"Hey, Halpert." I said as we walked out of the building together, "if I kill Michael, can I trust you to hide the body."

He looked around to see if anyone else was around us before speaking, "I already know a place, it's an abandoned quarry and I'm pretty sure the 'Mob' dumps there."

"You've obviously thought about this a lot, that's hot," I told him nonchalantly, I could tell that he was flustered but I just kept walking.

The words that he needed for a sentence failed to enter his brain and escape his mouth, "thanks." He said meekly.

"No, Jim, thank you," I laughed hoping into my car as he just stood there, "see you tomorrow, Jimothy." He nodded his head again.

"Tomorrow," he said as I shut my car door, I smiled and waved at teddy bear as I drove off.

_

A new chapter for the next chapter! I hope you guys enjoy it, tell me what you think of it, please!

VOTE

FOLLOW

COMMENT