nine

"James, if you simply ask her out, she'll say yes," Sirius advised

"That sounds like horrible advice," Ivory retorted.

"It worked with you, didn't it?" Sirius asked.

Ivory glared at him.

"Lily said no to you many times in the past. Why should it be different now?" Dawn questioned.

Remus chuckled and kissed the top of her head. "She's quite right, James. Why are you afraid now?"

"I'm only afraid because she's my soulmate. If even she rejects me, then who'll ever fancy me in the future?" James retorted.

"Your right hand, I reckon," Sirius snickered.

The whole group laughed out loud as they made their way into the library. Madam Pince already had a headache because she could hear them from down the corridor.

"Shut it, Padfoot. Go use your paw for something worthwhile," James retorted.

Sirius sulked, while Ivory laughed. The group finally made it into the library. Madam Pince had made her point clear when she immediately shushed them as soon as they crossed the threshold into the library.

"She's never liked us," Sirius muttered.

"She's always liked me," Dawn said.

"Everyone does," Sirius retorted, rolling his eyes. "Even a patch of grass likes you."

"Let's not talk about me," Dawn interrupted. "Let's talk about how James is going to ask Azalea to be his girlfriend. How are you going to do it?"

James sighed. "Not sure. Maybe I'll - Oh, bloody hell."

He was looking at two figures huddled in the corner of the library with books and parchment in front of them. It was Lily and Azalea. He sucked in a deep breath before walked over to them. Remus, Sirius, Ivory, and Dawn stayed behind, settling at an empty table from the other side of them to watch James. Once Lily saw him approaching, she closed her book, smiled at Azalea, stood up, then walked away.

"You've made my study buddy run away," Azalea commented.

"She wouldn't want to hear what I've to say anyway," James said.

Azalea quirked an eyebrow. "Well, are you going to sit down?"

He clumsily dragged a chair out and sat down, facing Azalea. "Go out with me," he blurted.

The Marauders and the girls groaned, smacking their foreheads with their hands.

"Huh?" asked Azalea. She looked absolutely dumbfounded. "Is this a prank?"

"No, it's not. There's a Hogsmeade trip coming up. Go with me?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Fine. One date, James."