Chapter Five [Budae-jjigae]

Jennie, who is still lying on the bed helplessly, wakes up once she hears the ear-piercing braking sound. Her eyes widen in the dark. She starts inspecting her surroundings carefully. 

She is still alive. And then she realises not only is she alive, she is actually in the demon's guest room! 

She lets out a mournful sigh. Living in her house isn't that far away from living in hell. 

She pulls down the sheet and gets up. Her head is no longer exploding in pain and her body has also cooled down. She notices the packets of pills on the bedside table. She follows the instruction on the front and swallows all of them.

Unfortunately, her stomach decides to protest right at that moment, grumbling as if a truck just stumbled by. 

She steps out of the room and walks downstairs. She flips the entire living room and kitchen upside down, opening every single cupboard and drawer. She almost pulls the entire ground up. Not even a piece of bread crumb can be seen. 

Jennie lets out a long sigh and stands in the middle of the basketball-court-sized living room lifelessly. Dissatisfaction starts to accumulate in her body. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

THE DEMON IS TRYING TO STARVE ME TO DEATH!

At last, Jennie, who hasn't eaten anything but two slices of expired bread for the past two days, decides to lie on the sofa. Doing nothing at all can minimise her energy output, at least that's what Biology has taught her. The lights aren't even turned on. She just stares helplessly at the front door within the darkness. 

Midnight. Right when the two hands meet each other at the number "12", the sound of a key twisting in the keyhole is heard. 

Jennie doesn't move but her angry cat eyes are locked onto the door. Partly because she is scared of Jisoo kicking her out of the house out of the blue again. If she stays in the freezing cold for one more night, it will be the end of her life. At this point, Jennie doesn't even mind to be dead. She just wants to take a rightful revenge against that demon before she leaves. But to be honest, the major reason for her motionlessness is because she is so hungry to an extent she can't even summon her pinky to be lifted up. Guess Jisoo's delaying tactics indeed worked.

Two seconds later, the lights flick on. 

Jisoo comes back on her own. 

She doesn't seem to be in a good mood. Her long face can almost reach the ground. 

She clearly sees Jennie. She is about to stone every creature she sees with her threatening eyes. Her lips part narrowly and two ice-like words are thrown directly in Jennie's face. 'Feeling better?' 

Jennie shivers when she feels the coldness swallowing her up. The hundreds of 'How to Take Revenge Against the Big Bad Wolf' plans are all discarded to Mars. She shrinks back from a confident cat to an obedient lamb, answering quietly, "Kind of..."

If only Jennie had figured out Jisoo is incapable of feeling concerned, she would have never be a baaing sheep with her head hung low in front of her predator. 

The Big Bad Wolf is already sitting in front of her the next second. She crosses her leg over another elegantly. She is so elegant that Jennie can't even admit it is actually rude to do so. 

"Great. Let's start our calculation then." The Big Bad Wolf grabs a calculator out of nowhere. 

"What?" Jennie feels sick all over again as cold sweat starts to slither down the back of her neck.