Chapter ♞ 12: Host Club Problems (1)

"So Y/N did you like it?!" Hikaru asked excitedly as he broke apart from you.

"Like what... exactly?"

"My acting, of course!"

So when he just confessed to you, he was really just practicing for acting?

"I thought it was real!" You replied.

"Well that means it's good. I'm practicing for a play the school is doing in the spring. It's a love story... Maybe one day, the I love you will actually be for you, Y/N."

"What?"

"Nothing!" He smiled cheerfully.

"So you were joking about quitting? And about that confession..." A part of you was relieved, but a little upset that he'd joke about feelings...

"No I was really serious about quitting... I want to pursue acting or at least audition for some plays."

"Why?!"

Hikaru looked at you seriously, and his eyes were wide. Then he just smiled and began to walk away.

"You should really get that bump looked at!" He called out before he began to get ready for his new clients.

"Don't change the subject!"

He just smiled before talking to the new ladies.

You glanced over to see Kaoru looking down at the floor before going to join is brother.

You didn't know that you just made things worse, by doing nothing.

~

Later that when you were heading to your art class, you forgot your sketchbook that you were required to buy.

You had to run back to your locker and get it! The halls were clearing, and soon it was just you...

You had to take a short cut through one of the many courtyards, and there you found Kaoru...

With another girl.

You weren't ease dropping, but you didn't want him to see you...

So you hid behind a pillar and heard their conversation. You recognized the girl as one of his clients.

She was extremely pretty, and her face was blushing.

Kaoru looked at her, as if he could care less, and slung his backpack onto one of his shoulders.

"What?" He asked plainly.

Her face turned even brighter.

"S-sorry that you'll be late to class because of me... but I made you cookies!"

Kaoru looked away, before taking the small container and shoving it into his bag.

"Thanks."

He sounds so uninterested... You thought.

"I-I've been meaning to say this for awhile..."

"Spit it out, I have to go to my class."

"Right! Kaoru Hitachin... I'm confessing my feelings! I'm on love with you!"

Now you felt a little... upset?

This has nothing to do with me! Besides I'm sure he likes her to, she is really pretty and they go well together... I should just leave and act like I saw nothing-

"Is that all?"

Now the girl was close to tears.

"Look, I'll tell you what i I told every other girl this week. I like someone else."