Diary of A Mad Scientist (the real one)

Twelve years, seven months, 29 days. That was how long it was before I could get Zenith to work. And all the while, as I counted them down the days and ran the numbers, I thought of how my name would go down in history. I would leave a legacy that would change everything. And looking back on it now, I guess this is what my 8th grade English teacher Mrs. Doubtspire meant by situational irony. Hello future reader, my name is Chelsea Danvers, and I'm the creator of this world gone mad.

Soon after I started my crusade to do all I can, I decided to keep my sanity and pass the time I would make this online diary of my discoveries. If future generations ever survive and find this place, then I want them to know I tried. I tried making up for my irredeemable mistake, that I truly am sorry for all the tragedy that I caused and will cause, which explains only one question.

Document 1: From Zenith to Nadir

For you to understand the cause of Genesis, one must realize the goal of Zenith, and it's birth. Before I came up with Zenith, you must realize that I was not a monster, I was a child like everyone else. I only had a sharp wit, laser focus, and parents that carried me to the path I wanted. Though it should always be noted, I still had a deep love for humanity. I was the ultimate idealist, for I thought that despite our shortcomings, we honestly could make the impossible realized. So even as a little girl blessed with luck, I knew the thing I wanted more than anything: To do what my duty as a human being and make the world a better place. So there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't strive to contribute to the world. By adulthood was spent as a well-respected member of the science community with every new conquest; it brought me more fame and recognition. I remember the day that I came up with Zenith exactly, which is easy since I have an eidetic memory.

I was enjoying the past time of reading Socrates while listening to Panic at the disco(music helps me focus) as I thought up what my next goal would be. And I could almost hear the muse whispering in my ear. In a spark of inspiration, I decided I would post a picture of all the sustainable development goals and aimed a dart at one of them. I let probability decide, and when I looked at the results, I got the number 7 sustainable energy. And as soon as I realized it, I said.

"Okay, challenge accepted."

It took me a month, but I came up with the basis of the idea. Zenith was a machine designed to necessarily draw the cosmic rays that hit the earth a draw them into itself and then safely transmit itself into a vast network of transformers that would safely condense the energy into a series of main generators that would bring power to the city. I already had friends in high places, and the idea kept nagging at me to complete its grand design. I will be lying if I say it took a while for the public to get my support. My plan was not only expensive but controversial as it would drastically change fossil fuel companies and the economy.

It was a constant uphill battle, but I eventually succeeded in greenlighting it. Then I got to work. It took six years to do the fair trial as we managed to power five cities at once. I remember that the crew and I drank ourselves silly that night in celebration. Over time we got more traction, and Zenith was supposed to come online in a grand opening that would power over 100 cities worldwide. I thought I was going to bring the world together in a new era, like something out of a prophecy. But all of you probably know how well that turned out. After I went into hiding, I did look into how Zenith malfunctioned as we ran through the data hundreds of thousands of times. The machine was destroyed in Genesis, and most of the scientists that worked with it are either dead, in hiding, or living their lives. But my results were various unforeseen variables. The timing of Zenith's debut would be delayed a lot due to sabotage of other countries who rely too much on fossil fuels, but I still managed to preserve through it all. But don't worry, dear viewer. I put all the blame on me nonetheless. I flew too close to the sun, and I promise you that I will spend the rest of my life paying for the sin I committed on that fateful day. After all, why am I still alive if not to do that? How can I live with myself knowing I took so much instead of giving back at least something?