Chapter 44

Kara’s POV

*

            The ride over to Castlebreaks was longer than I expected. So far, I hadn’t said much since we left the house. After what I did with and to Stephano, a part of me had begun to entertain a feeling akin to fear for some reasons. Fear for what exactly, I had no idea. What did this mean for us?

I had to confess, that the feeling of seeing him come apart just in my hold was amazing. I would do anything to see that happen again and again, because a part of me wished to always be the only person to ever bring him that sort of pleasure.

It was intimate.

The power I knew I apparently possessed over him was still overwhelming when I felt something the teeniest bit close to it. He’d been putty in my small arms and most of all, Stephano had told me he loved me.

Even in that vulnerable state, I wasn’t sure I’d have confessed my feelings to someone like that. Or would I have? Would they freak out if I did? Would Stephano think I was lying and only declared that because of what had transpired between us?

Still, I had to live in the moment. Mama often said love made people do crazy things. But did it make them pleasure themselves when they talked about someone they love? Wasn’t that just lust of the flesh dominating over the person’s mind?

“Anything you want to tell me?” His husky voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I sucked a harsh breath in, allowing my eyes yes trail over his muscles as he maneuvered his way on the busy road. There were Christmas trees at the entrance of some houses and decorations were hanging around.

The jolliness that usually came with the Christmas season was written all over the streets and even highways as we passed billboards with Christmas themes. His warm, big hand came to rest on mine which I was twiddling a bit nervously before he replaced it back on the wheel.

I eyed the hands that had moved round my body earlier this morning when he carried me back to my room after hastily unbolting the door to my en-suite, remembering how they moved over my body as our lips danced in a love rhythm we didn’t want to be apart from.

I had enjoyed what we did, and I loved seeing how much power he was bestowing on me as he pleasured himself with me in mind. Also, the best feeling in this world was he came right there before me; and a part of me had taken a defiant stand before him, more like a defiant kneel. It had brought me immense pleasure knowing I could bring out this peaceful, contented side of him.

But didn’t that mean commitment? Or was I just over thinking? And didn’t tha-

“Kara, care to share your thoughts? You’ve been staring at me for over a minute.” Laughter and love was dancing in his eyes. It calmed me.

“No, of course not.”

“Are you sure? It’s never really nothing for a girl and we both know it. I can bet my car on it that there are a thousand things going on in that head of yours.”

“Haha, yeah.” My voice was squeaky as I looked out the window. “I was just thinking about some small issues with school and the new session.” I lied.

Stop over thinking dammit! He’s so calm whereas you’re freaking out!
My phone tinged.

Adrian: ~ *you did what?!!*

Adrian: ~ *Kara reply me!*

Adrian~ *why did you decline my calls?!!!*

Adrian~ *pick right now you Capra, or our friendship is over!*