C H A P T E R 15

Nichole.

Boredom and loneliness.

Two words that are now a part of my everyday life. I'm so lonely. Being home alone ain't fun. Since we returned from Maldives, nothing fun has happened.

Five days. Five freaking days since we returned and I do the same thing everyday. Wake up, eat, chat a little with Maria, reading novels till noon, eat lunch, watch TV shows till late at night. Eat dinner and to bed again. This process, I repeat everyday.

Five days since Xander and I talked. Well, six. If that night counts. He leaves for work before I wake up and arrives only after I've slept. Five days since he...

He hasn't even made any attempt to apologize. How dare he? Such a egoistic man. I hate him. I'm being considerate because of Zachary. Zac.

He apologised on his behalf but ofcourse, I didn't accept it but agreed when he implored me to listen to him when he tried to talk to me but he hasn't made any attempt to. I hate him.

I'm supposed to be angry with him but after zac told me, I feel all my anger subsiding little by little. Instead, I just yearn for him to talk to me. If not anything else, we can atleast be friends. He's not making any attempt to even apologise to me despite everything he's said and done to me.

Zac had explained to me that he has betrayed in the past so he's insecure thereby causing him to have trust issues.

"Seeing you with blayze of all people infuriated him further." He had mentioned but when I asked him what he meant by that,he changed the topic and I let it go for the time being.

Nevertheless, that does not mean he could accuse anybody of immoral acts that too his own wife, hired or not, we are married and that's a fact. He's so lucky I'm not the type to take things too personally. I'm that kind of person that once i tell you what i feel about you and what you did, I forgive. Otherwise, I'd have had my revenge on him.

'What would youhave done anyway?' My subconscious mocked.

Why am I even thinking about him? He's the mighty Xander. He can take care of himself but what can I do when the novel I'm currently reading is a romance genre. Everything about the hero has me thinking of Xander. If he will ever hold my hands with the moon and stars as the witness and say the magical 'I love you' to me.

But then, (*sigh*) , that's a novel and this is reality. My reality. Never will he say that nor will he even say sorry.

"I'm sorry." Huh? I must be hallucinating. I think I just heard him say sorry.

"No, it's not. I'm really sorry, nichole." The familiar voice said again, causing me to look up from the novel I was reading and there he was. In all might and glory was the dashing Xander Reynolds, CEO of Reynolds builders. Need I say more?... Nah. That's enough.

I looked down immediately and pretended to be serious with my reading.

"Nichole? Can we talk?" He asked looking... nervous? Hell no, delete the last word.

I sat upright and placed the novel I was reading over my laps since I was wearing shorts. He took that as a cue to go on and so he sat down beside me accidently brushing my arm with his causing tingling sensations to rush through my body. Damn you, body. Must you always react to his touch?

"So..."

So.

"Can I talk?"

Ofcourse, dumbo. If I didn't want you to, will i sit here? I rolled my eyes but nodded anyway.