Chapter fourty one ~ foolhardy

“Where am I? What happened? Yoongi? What’s wrong??” Jimin shot upwards from his bed.

    Yoongi didn’t know how to respond. He hastily wrote to his friends, not able to find his voice to answer Jimin’s questions.

    “Why am I in a hospital? Were you crying?” Jimin was becoming more and more curious. “I can’t remember anything from the last two weeks… since the wedding day.”

    “I missed you so much.” Yoongi finally managed to say.

    “Can you tell me what happened?”

    “You took a blow on your head while you were protecting me. Then you were fine for a few hours. And after that you fainted on the wedding day-” Yoongi stopped. He felt like he had been running for an hour, his heart was beating like crazy and he was sweating, he had a hard time breathing and getting the words out. “It’s been two months Jiminie-” he wanted to cry but he just felt dull and shaken. He had a hard time processing what was going on.

    “TWO MONTHS?” Jimin wasn’t sure if he heard that correctly. “But-” he shook his head. “You stayed here for two months??”

    “It was a shared shift. I’ve been here for almost an hour and before me Tae was here and before him was Hoseok and after me Jungkook was going to come for the night. We all missed you. I texted them, they’d be here any second.”

    "I can't believe it's been two months…" Jimin muttered. He had started feeling the migraine again so he laid back down slowly. "Tell me more… I'm not fit to talk right now."

    So Yoongi started speaking, he chose his words carefully to not let jimin know about how horrible they have been without him, to not make him more upset about it all. Yet from his tone Jimin sensed all, he knew Yoongi so well that at this point he could read him like an open book. It wasn't hard guess for him anyways, he remembered his dream vividly, and his friends' desperate talks still rang in his ear.

    Soon enough, Taehyung and Jungkook appeared, followed by Hoseok a minute later. The doctors had also come and gone in between, telling the young boys to let Jimin rest, even though they knew very well they wouldn't be listened. Seeing that Jimin tested well they let the boys stay in the room. They just stayed and talked for a long while, as if nothing was ever wrong. They all wanted to hug each other but having Jimin after so long, they treated him like an antique vase that happened to know how to speak.

    Yoongi and Hoseok went to their house at some point in the night. They were reluctant to leave Jimin, but they had given up after having to deal with Taehyung's puppy eyes. When Yoongi finally closed the door behind him giving one last wink to Jimin, it was nearing midnight. Taehyung was sitting on the bedside couch, while Jungkook sat on the foot of Jimin's bed.

    After they were left alone, there was a long silence where they just looked at each other. They were all exhausted after everything, it seemed like they were recharging by just being in the presence of each other. Finally Jungkook spoke, but his voice came out hoarse and just weird.

    "I missed you a lot Jimin-" he couldn't say anything else, he couldn't find the words to describe what he was feeling. Jimin was there, his Jimin. Laying down, smiling at him. He had never been happier, more excited and more relieved in his life. He wanted to use some poetic expression to describe his sentiments but all that came out from his mouth was "i love you Jimin".

    Tae took over instead, he didn't really do better either though. "Seeing you is the best thing that happened to me." he managed to say. "I missed you very much" he repeated Jungkook.