Chapter Eight

There were hundreds of reasons Lena could think of on the spot as to why she should leave the dorm room and get on with her day, alone. Kara had rushed out of the room about twenty minutes ago and although she was now considered her 'friend', Lena had a constant voice in the back of her head telling her that she wasn't returning.

However, the raven haired girl remained in the Slytherin girl's dorm room. She busied herself into homework and studying for a Charms test. There were pieces of parchment paper littering her desk and a pile of thick books.

Eventually, Lena heard the sound of light footsteps and heard Kara gasp.
"W-What do you think you're doing?" She asked sternly. The focused girl glanced behind her to see the blonde staring back at her with wide eyes. Her arms were bundling a small pile of clothes and her hair was behind her shoulders.

"Studying-"

Before the girl could say anymore, Kara leaped forwards and began quickly piling the pieces of paper up, after delivering the clothes onto Lena's bed. Lena opened her mouth to protest, but Kara had already neatly stacked the work into one large pile.

"It's the holidays, Lena. I will not allow you to one, wear your school uniform, and two, do any form of school work. Got it?" Kara's words were spoken rather confidently; Something Lena wasn't used to; She was used to the Hufflepuff's nervous stuttering, which was rather adorable to her.

Lena slowly nodded and glanced over to the pile of clothes. Kara followed her gaze and then perked up, excitedly gliding over and sitting beside it. She held up the first item, which was a pair of black jeans. "So first I thought you'd like these, because... Uh..."

"I'm a Slytherin and I tend to wear a lot of dark colours?" Lena finished smugly.

"Yeah!" Kara exclaimed, and then immediately bowed her head. "N-No, no! No, I didn't mean that. I'm not judging you by your house-"

"Kara?"

"...Yes?"

"It's fine." Lena's expression turned soft as she watched the nervous girl fiddle with the cuffs of the jeans before holding them out to her. Reluctantly, Lena rose out of her chair and took the clothing. With free hands, Kara lifted up the next item: A red. Reindeer. Christmas. Jumper.

Lena stared at the item, completely frozen. There was no way she was going to wear that. Not a chance. No one could persuade her or change her mind.

~~~

Kara stood and gazed at her friend, who walked out from behind the divider wearing the reindeer jumper.

"Yay, it fits!" She squealed and psychically stopped herself from attacking Lena with a bear hug.

Lena glanced over at the propped up mirror and examined her new outfit. She couldn't believe that she, Lena Luthor, had been convinced into wearing the Christmas jumper. However, she found it hard to keep back a giggle when she looked over at the excited Kara. She took a step away from the mirror in the borrowed black boots and absentmindedly took Kara's hand in her own.

"So, what's on the agenda today?" She smirked. The blonde darted her gaze to her hand and forgot all of her plans on the spot.
"Oh, uh- Well, I-I... we could... take a walk?"

"A walk? Alright then." Lena had expected her friend to have some elaborate and childish idea, but she almost let out a sigh of relief knowing that she wouldn't have to be nervous for the day ahead.

"W-We could do something more.. fun, if you'd like." Kara began, but Lena hushed her and pulled at her arm until the girl was following her out of the Slytherin common room.
"No, I want to go on a walk." She smiled even though Kara was focusing on not tripping over due to the fast pace they were walking at.

300+ reads? Seriously, thank you so much for reading. I love this book and I'm glad other people are enjoying reading it.