A Killing Spree

By the time my cursor turned red, I'm already a well known PKer. I don't just kill anyone, I have standards. I mostly kill player exploiters, targeting players who would use others for their own personal gain. My player name isn't known, and I don't show my face or my features, but people began to call me "Death by Twilight", as most of my killings occur during twilight.

I have already finished off the remaining Moonlit Black Cats, and my next target is a girl named Rosalia. She apparently uses men and women to farther herself in levels and items.

PKing has its benefits as well. The killer gets all of the victim's items, and a ton of EXP, if the victim is high level. Using my small stature of 4 feet 4 inches, and my high AGI stat, I've killed many.

As I stalk Rosalia, my target, I see her with a small girl and a bunch of guys. After what I assume is an argument, the smaller girl huffs off into the forest with her tamed dragon. Rosalia seemed to pick up on my presence, as she looked over in my direction. I make a run for it, hiding in the thick brush and trees. She shrugs and walks away. I missed my opportunity this time. But that's fine. I'll just be more stealthy than this time.

I begin to follow her again, but hear a scream in the forest. Looking at Rosalia, then to the forest, I decide that it would be best to kill her when she's alone, and make my way to the forest, where the scream was heard.

But by the time I arrive, I see the problem is already dealt with. It was the small girl from before, and another familiar face. Seems the two were just getting acquainted, and they turn to see me.

"Sheik? Is that you?" The boy in black asked.

"Kirito." I greet him.

"You know each other?" The girl behind him asked.

"Yeah. Sheik was a former teammate." Kirito explained briefly, and sees my red player cursor. "Been getting into trouble?" He asked.

I was silent.

"Sheik. What have you been doing? Why is your cursor red?" He continues to ask.

No answer. "You know what a red cursor means..." I mutter.

"How many?" He asked.

"I...lost count..." I answer him honestly.

"Why are you killing people? You know this is a death game. So why?"

"I'm only doing this place a favor. There are player exploiters in this game, and I plan to end it. People who use others for personal gain are rotten, and don't deserve to be here." I tell him.

"So that's it... So you've been targeting players who manipulate others."

I nod. "I know what you're going to say. So I'll leave." I say, and begin to walk off, but Kirito stopped me.

"Wait Sheik. Do you take requests?" He asked.

I was confused when he asked this, but I nodded anyway.

"Then I think I know why you're here. You're after Rosalia, right?" He whispered a question.

I nod.

"Then how about you stick with me. I'm looking for her myself." He says, and moves away from me.

"Fine. I'll stick around. Only until I-"

"Shh. Keep it secret. We don't want anyone knowing." He stops me.

I nod.

"What are you two talking about?" The girl asked.

"Nothing. Anyway, Silica, right? Let's go to town and rent a room at the inn." Kirito says.

"Okay..." Silica nods.