012. this is awesome

› CHAPTER TWELVE ‹

› CHAPTER TWELVE ‹

Raleigh wasn't sure how he was supposed to emotionally take Peter's recent text message to him. It was a few minutes old since he had been busy speaking to some of the people in his robotics club and had put his phone on silent. Still, the alarming text didn't follow with anything to signify that Peter was safe, so he was left confused and worried. He reread the text with furrowed brows.

PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM!!!!

He replied, asking him where he was and what was happening. A few seconds later, Peter replied with a "meet me by the front entrance." Raleigh was hopeful that this meant he was fine, but he wouldn't know until he met him. 

Letting out a breath of air, he looked for his club's supervisor. He found her talking to another student and pointing at things on a gadget one of them had made. Knowing she was distracted, he hurriedly put away his things, grabbed his backpack, and walked out of the classroom with the full knowledge that Ms. Hemmingway was going to have a fit about his abrupt leave. Ever since Peter had dropped the activity, she had been extremely strict about what the students were doing in the elective.

It didn't help that Peter's absence bumped Raleigh to the "best working" in the club.

He ignored his thoughts and hurried towards the front of the school. As he rounded the corner, he found Peter speaking quietly to Ned, which silenced when he noticed Raleigh rushing towards them.

"What happened?" Raleigh demanded. "Are you both okay?"

Peter hushed him and grabbed his wrist. The ravenet was about to pull away until he realized he was dragging him into an empty classroom with Ned scurrying behind them. Peter released his hold when he saw the puzzled and slightly aggravated expression that was forming on Raleigh.

"We're both fine, Raleigh, calm down."

"Calm down—" His voice squeaked, and again, Peter hushed him. "How am I supposed to be calm when you send messages—"

Peter cut him off with a quiet-raucous whisper. "One of the guys we saw last night just came here."

"What?" This time Raleigh's voice was low as his eyes widen. "You mean one of the guys who tried to kill us?" Peter nodded, and Raleigh let out a dramatic sigh. "Okay, one, this school obviously has a serious security problem... And, two, what was he here for? Does he know we have that alien thing?"

"Sort of," Peter shrugged and pulled a face. He removed one of his spider-gadgets from his bag and pushed something on it. A hologram of the city appeared above the object, and Raleigh noticed within it had a small Spider-Man head on it, and it was moving slowly throughout the city. It wasn't far from the school, but was, fortunately, moving away from them. Peter explained what was happening, and Raleigh tore his eyes off the hologram and back to his friend. "I landed a tracker on him when he was leaving. I'm hoping he'll lead us to their secret lair."