xi :

━ hope you're liking this💗♥️💓boring chapter, blah.

"my throat hurts like hell," jane coughed, she sounded raspy.

eddie snickered, "because of all the screaming you did." he wrapped himself in his fuzzy blankets.

it was now nightfall, eddie and jane decided to sleep in the living room, she claimed she didn't want to be around winkle until she got an explanation.

so, she got one. from when eddie met the sunflower, to how he met richie.

"because i didn't know my cousin was some nature hero!"

eddie couldn't help, but laugh. "hey, you wanted an answer, now you've got one."

they stayed silent, eddie assumed jane was asleep until he heard her speak up.

"so, winkle's harmless?"

eddie snickered, "yeah, perfectly safe. he's been my friend since i was seven, when i found him growing outside my window."

"isn't weird to say a plant's your friend?"

"not really, not to me, at least,"

"i've grown used to having plants for friends, but you know what? they've always been so kind to me, especially when i was confused about all this. they helped me, it only sounds weird to you because you're new to all this information. if it were me years ago, i might have said, this is from a horror movie! but, it's not weird because it's my life now." he finished.

jane was astonished, her cousin was always so smart and right about most things. she smiled, "goodnight, cousin. maybe me and winkle could get along tomorrow."

eddie grinned, jane was willing to get along with winkle. "g'night, jane." he mumbled, his eyes fell heavy and so did jane's.

-

eddie woke up, it was still nightfall. the piercing sound of the telephone rung through the house. he groggily got up, dragging his feet to the phone.

he finally made it and hesitantly picked it up, "h-hello?" his voice was thick with sleep.

"hi!" the voice shrilled, it made eddie winced and back away from the phone. "b-bevv?"

"yup!" she energetically responded.

"not that i don't want to talk to you at one in the morning, but is there something you need?"

"nope-a-doo-da-day! just bored, not tired. i wanted to talk to you!"

eddie found bevv amazingly sweet, but eddie was too tired and worn out from calming jane down, to strike up a conversation.

"oh, bevv, it's so late. i'm sorry, but we can definitely talk when it's earlier?" he felt bad, but his eyes were becoming blurry and heavy.

"oh, okay. sorry, i'll let you get some sleep, sorry again."

"wait, bevv-" the line cut dead, eddie felt terrible.

a yawn broke past his lips, he rubbed at his eyes and trotted into the living room.

he fell on his knee's and fell asleep, a guilt pooling in his gut.

@SPIDEYMILK🐝