Twenty-Three

"Yes, Min Yoongi. I've given it to Mr. Kim. I'm on my way back." You said as you hold your phone on your ear, feet stepping towards the door of the Journalists' room.

You ended the call before opening the door. The quiet room was well lit with its bulbs turned on and the sunlight piercing through the glass window. You saw Sharlene at the corner of the room printing something as her hand held a can of Sprite.

She raised her hand once she saw you enter the room as a greeting. You saw Yoongi wrapped in a black hoodie sat on his chair, a laptop in front of him. And there's Kim Taehyung, two tables away from your station, holding a vintage camera, pouting.

"I told you, Yoongi. It'll look perfect, you just don't trust my taste." Taehyung scoff as he look at the unbothered Yoongi.

"Everybody's just used to Jungkook's colorful photography, that's why." Sharlene said after she sips on her sprite.

You walk slowly towards your table, passing the new boy. You chew on your bottom lip as you heard Jeon Jungkook's name. Its pretty much true, everyone was used to his photographies and to hus presence. Especially you in that case.

But you gaze at Taehyung's broad shoulder and black straight hair, no matter how much you were used to Jungkook's presence, he's gone now and here's a new one, and you might feel unfamiliar with this one but you'll get used to it too. Eventually.

"Who's the Jungkook dude anyway? Haven't met him." Taehyung said, confusion was so evident in his voice and face.

You sat on your chair and grabbed a bunch of paper and skimmed through it. Everything is piled up after the three weeks you spent outside this room and you have no time to talk to your schoolmate, not even this clueless guy just meters away from you.

"Do you even go to your classes? You're classmates with him and yet you dont even know him?" Yoongi said, his eyes narrowed.

Taehyung broke into a smile, "I'm a growing man, so I sleep a lot." He giggled.

"He's that pretty boy from your class. The one with black wavy hair." Sharlene said as she walk to her desk, "Y/n's pretty much close to Jungkook."

You stopped flipping the pages when you heard your name along with Jungkook's.

You saw Taehyung turn to you in the corner of your eyes, "Really? You must've been sad when he backed out. Im sorry." He said like he did you wrong.

You inhaled deeply and brough your eyes up to him, "Its okay, I understand his choice." You smiled at him tightly.

His mouth gape a little as he stare at you, his eyes blank though. Then he pouts, "Don't annoy Y/n, Taehyung, keep on practicing." You heard Yoongi said, voice a little muffled as he was a bit far from the both of you.

You saw him frown then he turned to his camera again the same time you did with your papers. You saw him click a few times before he grab a pen and a post it.

He scribbled something in it before he stretch it out to the table in between you. You looked at it and then at him and you saw him watching you at the corner of his eyes as he tap the pen on the table, waiting for you to pick it up.

You slowly reach it with brows furrowed. The pink sticky notes had been inked with messy penmanship.

'Its boring here, dont you think?'

-T.

Your eyebrow raised when you read what he wrote. You glance up and was about to speak when he put his finger on his lips, eyes wide. He raised the pen and signalled you to write back.