Chapter 39- Blurry Memories [Part 1]

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

October 7th

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

When Marinette woke, the mood of the room immediately told her it wasn't her own, neither the bakery or the Agreste mansion. For a few seconds, before she gathered her bearings, she'd thought it was just any other night. She'd awoken from a nap and could smell the croissants and cookies her parents were baking for the next day from up the stairs. Even though they had a kitchen in the actual shop, her father was always making them in their personal kitchen as well. This time, however, there was no warm scent of baking pastries. Maybe if she took in a big whiff, she could have smelled a bit of-

Alcohol.

I drank alcohol.

It wasn't a dream. It happened.

She wasn't in her room. She wasn't at her house. Sitting up quickly, Marinette threw herself forward. This sudden action made her groan out loud and hold her head steady as her ears began to ring. If it wasn't so dark in the room she was in, her vision would have been shaky. Scared, she called out to the darkness.

"Hello?"

As if she was part of a horror movie, she cleared her throat and felt around the bed. Where was she? How did she get-

The lights flickered on and a tired looking Alya appeared in the doorway. Both girls squinted and groaned loudly at the lights. It took a few seconds but soon Marinette recgonized the bed she was in as her best friend's, not hers. The redhead standing at the door had a glum expression on her face. She looked as if she had been woken up from a long nap. Her hair was matted to one side and yesterdays makeup was smeared along her face. It was only when Marinette looked down, that she realized her best friend had been sleeping on the floor.

"Alya?"

"Yes. Yes, it's me. Alya Cesaire. The greatest friend in the fucking world. Now go back to sleep." Reaching over to turn off the light switch, Alya gasped as the door flew open and hit her, causing her to fly forward and fall face first into the blankets on the floor. Ella and Etta squealed loudly.

"Alya! Alya!" The two little girls ran inside, one of them wrapping their arms around their sister's leg and the other trying to climb up on the bed.

The redhead screeched inhumanely and pounced up off the floor to chase the two kids out. Wrapping her arms around one, and dragging the other out by the collar of her shirt, Alya screamed at them.

"GET OUT!"

Marinette covered her ears and pulled her knees to her chest. If they kept yelling like that, she'd-

Slamming the door shut, Alya leaned her body against it. It was evident the girl didn't want to be disturbed.

"I guess we should get up now." She said, after a few seconds of silence.

Marinette blinked, her eyes still adjusting to the light. "What the hell happened?" She groaned, head pounding.

"We can talk about it over food. I'm fucking hungry, get up."