forty seven | 47

Let's faint together...his smirk has destroyed us ALL.

Alright, so issa long one which may make up for not updating last week...but also, please read the A/N at the end, thank you!

This chapter is my second favourite chapter of the entire book. It means so much to me in so many ways and the connecting moments between C and H, are so special. I hope you enjoy it as much as I absolutely loved writing it.

29K omgosh ily all.

S x

ci·el·o et lune

Harry.

Time.

Time was everything that everyone needed when they had to move on from something or someone. Whether it be missing a friend or loved one who's going on a trip and won't be back for long; or the ending of a relationship; and strongly, to the death of one.

It took Céline nine days and ten nights to be able to get her strength back to enter her apartment again. She tried to do it on her own, but as soon as she took her first step, she pulled back outside the door. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and kissed her cheek, whispering in her ear that she was strong enough to do it — and she did.

The apartment was her own, but at the same time, she felt like she shared it with her niece. Hazel had put up a lot of her random artwork on her fridge, along with various drawings of star constellations, and the nine planets. As much as her teachers tried to convince her that there were now eight, she didn't believe them, and added Pluto to every single one of her projects or doodles — her aunt agreed with her.

For four nights, I stayed with her; and never felt more comfortable in my entire life. Two completely different residences, and as cliché as it sounds, it didn't matter where I was, for my home to be wherever Céline was.

For four nights, the both of us slept innocently in the same bed — as we'd done in my own. I always made sure to wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her tightly against me, holding her — protecting her. Our legs would tangle together, remaining permanently glued to one another until we woke at the sound of birds singing in the morning. Her chestnut hair would fall everywhere, most of it ending up in my face, though her head rested preciously on my bare chest. The soft skin of her arms draped over my waist, clinging onto me, almost as if she was afraid to let go; truly believing I'd disintegrate into thin air — or didn't exist. Deep breaths always exhaled against my warm skin, soft humming escaping her lips, proved to me that she was in a dreaming state. When I got the chance, I'd slowly move to peak down to see the expression on her face, and we were both lucky with what was on it — a small smile.

Her nightmares suddenly stopped a few days after Hazel's funeral, and now, she seemed to only dream of happy things. I once asked her what it was, but she never told me. She said that she couldn't for some good measure. I wasn't sure what it was, though it itched me inside-out to know what it was, I never pushed her to tell me again. As long as it didn't cause her emotional pain, I was content with that; rather that, I was happy.

Though today, counts the first official week that we slept in two different beds — and residences. She finally felt ready and strong enough that she could live on her own again. As slightly bothered as I was by it, I couldn't be selfish with it, I knew that Céline had to return to her life the way it was before.

She saved me and she saved herself. We all needed someone by our sides, but it wasn't that person that improves us — it's always ourselves. C knew that; and she applied it to herself.

My house felt empty without her there, as did my bed. I missed her and I was going to do something about that. I wasn't pathetic to chicken out with being afraid to show those feelings to her. She needed to know what I felt. The thing was, I knew that her own feelings were mutual to mine.