Book 1 ~ Chapter 18

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I saw the equalist as it electrocuted Chief Beifong with a glove. I immediately run down the aisle, but I meet a few equalists standing in my way. I needed to get to Korra, she was still down in the water with the boys. I send a blazing arc by kicking it n the equalist's direction, but they were able to dodge it. They already had their gloves as electricity lights it up.

"Alright, we're fighting lightning with lightning," I smirked, and struck them with lightning, knocking them out.

I run past the knocked out equalists and reach the railing. I look down and see one of the equalists drag Korra and the guys out of the water. Suddenly, one of the equalists came in front of me, he looked familiar, he had a mustache. This was the guy that electrocuted the ladder in the rally. I launch a fire punch at him, but he was able to dodge it and chi-block me. Once, I couldn't bend, he electrocuted me with his rod and I fell to the ground, face first. I stood up, ignoring the pain, and got into a defense position. I couldn't bend right now, but that didn't mean I couldn't punch. I try to punch him and he does the same but I dodge every punch he throws at me. Once I had a shot, I drag my feet across his feet causing him to fall. I smirked and jumped into the water to find Korra.

"I believe I have got your attention, benders of republic city. Once again, the wolf bats are the pro- bending champions. It seems fitting that you cheer for three bullies who cheated their way to victory. Because everyday, you threaten and abuse every non bender just like the Wolf Bats did to their opponents tonight," Amon started. Equalist Banners started dropping down from the ceiling. I didn't have time to listen to him ramble on. I need to find Korra.

I swam to the platform under the ring, then I saw Korra and the boys tied up to a column. Pabu was trying to cut the rope with his teeth.

"Lei!" Korra shouted as she spotted me.

I ran to them but I was stopped when three equalists appeared in front of me. I deeply sighed, and tried to create a flame, but I still couldn't bend. The first equalist ran at me first, but I high kicked his side sending him into the water. Suddenly, there was an explosion coming from the top of the Arena, I had to hurry. The second and third came at me at the same time. I ran to them and jumped over them, and kick one of them from behind. I had one left to deal with, then suddenly I felt something raging through my body. Heat. I smirked and sent a blazing arc at the last one. Now, they were all in the water. I sent lightning into water, electrocuting them. I smiled and ran to Korra.

"Hey, guys," I said, and created a fire blade with my thumb to cut the rope.

"Yes!" Bolin exclaimed as he was free.

Korra turned the water into ice, to take a good look at what's happened. I ran up to her, to see that the roof of the Arena had been broken. There was an air ship above the Arena, with an equalist symbol on it and Amon was escaping on it.

"I'm going after Amon," Korra said.

"I'm coming with you," I said and Korra nodded.

"Be careful!" Mako shouted.

Korra jumped into the water and created a water tornado launching her up. I had my own way of getting up there. I closed my fists, and used jet propulsion to get up to the top. I haven't tried it before, the only person I knew who was good at this was Iroh. But, guess first try is working out for me, when I land at the top of the Arena. I see Chief Beifong being attacked and I immediately come to her aid. I send a large fire whip at the equalists while Korra dealt with the head equalist. More equalists came down from the air ship, but they went down to the Arena.

"Korra! equalists are going down," I shouted.

"Fend them off, I'm going after Amon," Korra shouted.

I jumped down from the hole in the ceiling, and I used jet propulsion to have a safe landing. The equalists were running to me, so I sent a fire whip their way. They were able to dodge it this time. They slipped past me and chi-blocked my sides. My eyes shot open at the pain. I fell to the ground, and I groaned in pain. I try to get up but the equalist was right in front of me. I thought he was going to electrocute me again, but someone shot a fire punch right at the equalist. I turn around and see Mako. He holds out his hand, and I take it, as he helps me up.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," Mako said. I widened my eyes when I saw something fall from the hole in the ceiling behind Mako.

It was Korra.

I was about to fly up to her and catch her, but Chief Beifong looked like she was already going after her. They disappeared into the black smoke. After a few moments, Chief Beifong swung her safely to the stands. I ran up to her and immediately hugged her, as I sighed in relief. Once I pulled away from her hug, Mako hugged her as well.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Mako said as he pulled away.

"Me too," Bolin said as he embraced Korra.

I looked up to see from the hole in the ceiling that the equalist airship was flying away. Amon won today, but that didn't mean I was giving up anytime soon, and I know Korra won't give up either.

"I can't believe I played right into Amon's hands," Cheif Beifong said.

"He played us all," Tenzin said.

"Republic City is at war,"

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 6, 2019