Chapter 8

"So, I take it you and that pair I was talking too are related?" I asked.

Elijah looked at me and nodded. "Yes, Niklaus and Rebekah, as well as Kol, whom I believe you have not met are my siblings."

"I don't think I have. But I'll keep my eye out for him."

He chuckled a little and I smiled. Everything was perfect right now. Beautiful lights loitered the streets of Mystic Falls from New Years and it just lighted up everything. We were currently walking down the streets in peace, watching how everyone still had fun under the stars.

Elijah and I bumped into each other from time to time, not too much. But I was freezing. I forgot my jacket and only had my long sleeved shirt on. I wrapped my hands around each arm and tried not too show how cold I was. Wouldn't want to ruin this moment.

"Gemma, are you cold?" I turned to look at him about to shake my head when he was taking his overcoat off. "It's fine Elijah."

"It is not. It's alright, I have a nice suit that is quite warm."

He placed his overcoat over me, and I immediately snuggled into his touch when he placed his arm around my waist.

"This is nice. Everything is so calm," I stated keeping my eyes forward.

"It is. Especially with you here with me. Can you do me a favor?" he asked stopping. I nodded. "Reach into my coats left pocket and take out the little box in it."

I did as he told me, and took out the little box-black-that he had in his pocket. I gave it to him and he opened it up revealing a necklace with a beautiful stone in the middle.

"This," he started as he took out the necklace from the box. "This is for you."

I got goosebumps all over my body as he said that. This was for me?

"Elijah..."

My eyes were probably bulging by now, but I could care less.

"Don't say a word, just accept it."

Before I could say anything, though, he started placing the necklace around my neck. The cold metal hit my chest and neck and I tried to keep myself from moving.

Why would he get me something so beautiful? What do I say?

"It's an Alexandrite gemstone, a color-changing. It's hues differ from greens to red as well, depending on how the sun hits it of course. I would like for you to never take it off," he said as he finished off and stepped in front of me to look at my eyes.

I picked the necklace off my chest and stared at it. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Elijah, thank you. But you didn't have too."

"You're right. I didn't, but I wanted to. Plus, such beauty could only belong to someone as is."

I smiled, a small, caring smile. I have never met anyone who would go as far as buying me such a beautiful necklace. He fumbled with his hands, but I didn't question it.

"Promise me you'll never as take it off once, never," he pressed on as he stepped closer to me.

I nodded. "I promise you I will never take it off. Thank you, this is absolutely beautiful."

"Well it's getting quite colder, so how about we return you back before Damon starts to panic."

"That would be perfect."

I was about to turn around when he placed a kiss to my forehead, catching me off guard.

"You're beautiful Gemma."