chapter 23

Back to Lily's pov

We have finally reached there. I told my brother and the guards to put on their mask and so we began to do our inspection.

We saw somewhere, there was a person violently coughing. I immediately know that he must be infected and might have been in the last stage. We told the people near that guy to not move and ask them to wear the mask and follow us.

We took the guy, wrapped him around a clean cloth and make him wear a mask then put him in a carriage.

We found many people with the same symptoms and so we put all of them into the carriage.

We had prepared a clean place, we asked those people who were near the infected guy, one by one to come and get a check up. We told them to not go anywhere and stay input in this location. We told them not to be afraid or panic.

We told them that the guy was infected and they have a high chance to be infected as well. Although there is no cure for it. But we can definitely provide them some sort of antibiotics to fight against it.

And so we went back and forth. Non stop. We found some people dead at their own house. We decided to burn it down.

We went and looked all around. We separated the patients from mild to severe. We put them in different places.

There were in total 10 000 cases of people being infected. I'm so glad that this was prevented in the early stages.

Luckily, most of them were mild cases and only 500 people actually died of it.

We had to do this for at least 2-3 months before this situation was under our control.

Once it was under the control. We inform our parents about it, and we slowly but surely started to follow our normal life patterns. Everything started to operate normally.

During these months, our kingdom became united and strong. We get to know and see how the situation was for people living in different classes like.

Some of them cried for their loved ones, while most of them smiled and became happy that this situation was under control.

The kingdom decided to celebrate this happy occasion.

As we saved many lives, they all looked at us with respect and dedication.

When we arrived the capital, the general public welcome us happily and excitingly.

All around the places was a festive atmosphere.

I felt so happy and glad that this epidemic was over. My brother Sedric was still alive.

It seems today I changed countless people's future.

But why do I feel weird, I have this bad feeling, why does it feel like I'm missing something.

And then I heard a loud scream!

The happy moment turned into destruction, fire surrounded all the places. Suddenly there was an arrow that flew to me, my brother used his body as a shield.

He got injured, near his heart.

How is this possible? I made my enchantment very strong, I looked for it and I saw it. I found out that my brother never contracted with it(brooch).

"Why? Brother? Why did you not do as I told you to do so?" I asked

He came towards me and pinch my cheeks.

"Because you should not change my future, I was originally supposed to die at the epidemic time, yet you saved me. I know that you are not the original Lily Vean, and this world is an otome game." Said brother Sedric

"No, don't go, it's true that I'm not really Lily Vean but it's also true that I am Lily Vean. I have memories of two people. One of the original Lily Vean who had been in the happy route for Josh. The other as Haruna Kishimoto. Don't go, this phenomenon itself has already changed the course of future, so it might not follow the game's path." I said

"Haruna is that you, my sister." Said brother Sedric

"Are you Minato Kishimoto? My older brother?" I asked

"Yes" brother Sedric replied

I drop his blood on the brooch while he was not noticing it. His wounds were gradually healing.