°The Quarter Quell°

DISTRICT FOUR IS a beautiful place, Angel loved sitting on the sand at the beach watching the waves, it made her feel calm, something that she seems to rarely feel these days. Finnick was right now in the Capitol, but he was to come back soon, as the 75th hunger games was coming up. But this time is was the third Quarter Quell, which means Snow is gonna to put some twist in the games. Like the first was that the district's had to elect the tributes their self, and the second Quarter Quell they had to send in twice as many tributes into the arena, which was also Haymitch Abernathy's year.

Angel was scared to find out this years twist, she always hated when the time for the games came around, she hated that she had to mentor two kids who were scared out of their minds how to survive, and she hated when she had to watch them die. Angel always beats herself up whenever one of her tributes dies, saying that she could of done more for them, that it was her fault that they died. To which Finnick had always been there to comfort her and tell her that it wasn't her fault, and that she did all she could.

On the 70th hunger games they finally got another victor, but Angel still was not happy, of course who would be? 24 kids get sent into an arena forced to kill one another only for one to come back. The winner of the 70th hunger games was a girl named Annie Cresta, even though she won, the games drove her to go crazy, Angel would always try to comfort her when that happened. Angel thought of Annie as a younger sister, someone she had to protect. She hated the games and Snow even more when her tribute had gone crazy because of the games.

Even though she was always helping Annie in keeping her sanity, sometimes she was close in losing her own sanity, but Finnick was always able to keep her sane, he is her rock, he is what keeps her on this earth and in this world. And she was the light of his life, she is what kept him going every day thinking of her always made him smile, and he hated when he saw her in pain or scared he hated what Snow had done to her, what those disgusting men had done to her, but pushing that aside he loved her she was his angel. An angel that had fallen, but he didn't care what she was, he loves her.

Angel hated what Finnick had to do, he had to start at such a young age but then again so did she, Angel was forced into prostitution at the age of 17. A year older than when Finnick started, but still young. She never expected to be sold, she thought that after she had won the games she could just go home but Snow saw how big of a prize she would be and how much money he would get for her, so she was forced to start only a few days after her victory. Even when she went on her victory tour she still had to do her job, her innocence had been taken from her by a man she didn't even know and would never see again, it broke her little by little every time she had a client and had to give them her services.

Another thing that she hated during the games is that since she is already in the Capitol she got more clients that wanted her services. So during the night while everyone was asleep she had to go out to some stranger and please them, which she didn't even get paid for. All that money goes to Snow, she's wanted to stop, to tell Snow that she quits but, she can't cause if she did he would kill Finnick, Mags, Annie and a little boy who went by the name Elijah, who she looks after as if he were her younger brother, which she couldn't let happen. Finnick knew that she would sneak out during the night while the tributes and everyone else is asleep, he cried every time he heard her leave during the night, knowing what she was gonna have to do.

Finnick never fell asleep when he knew that Angel was out at night, he stayed up in his room waiting until she came back. He too would get calls and clients in need of his service, so just like Angel he has to sneak out at night. What broke his heart even more though is when he hears her coming back from her client's only to hear her quiet sobs, he hated when she cried, especially when it was caused by a man. On those night Finnick would get up and go to her room to comfort her or she would go into his room knowing that he would be awake. The two would lay in bed together in each other's arms, and soon even fall asleep without any nightmares waking them up. Whenever they were together neither of them would get nightmares, they would just get a peaceful sleep instead.

Finnick was ecstatic about coming home and seeing his angel, the only thing that kept him smiling. When he got off the train he went straight to the beach, knowing that that is where he would find her. And he was right, there she sat on the sand, her feet buried in the sand and her hair in its naturally wavy self blew slightly in the wind. He always loved watching her, she was a sight to see, walking forward he sat beside her on the sand wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Angel leaned into him taking in his scent, he always smelled like the ocean which she loved. A smile formed on her face when she felt his touch, he doesn't try to scare her or anything when she stares off, knowing that she didn't like that at all. "Hello mon amour." Angel had said softly laying her head on his shoulder still looking out on the ocean.

Finnick smile at his nickname it meant my love in French, though they aren't together, Finnick is madly in love with Angel but he's to scared to tell her and doesn't think she would return his feelings. What he doesn't know it that Angel felt the exact same way about him. "Hello mon petit ange. How are you?" He asked, Angel learned French when she was younger and became practically fluent in the language, Finnick wanted to learn some of the language so she took her time to teach him some words, which he only remembered a few of those words, but that was okay.

"Scared, it's the third Quarter Quell and I'm worried what Snow is gonna pull out of his sleeve this time." The brown haired girl answered sighing of the thought that kept floating in her mind. Squeezing her shoulders lightly he kissed the top of her head before saying, "Whatever Snow pulls out of his sleeve we'll be okay, as long as we stay together. I promise." The only time Angel ever felt a little safe is when she is with Finnick, he always makes her feel safe whenever she is in his arms. "Don't say promises you can't keep." She muttered but Finnick turned her to look at him in the eyes. "I'm not making a promise I can't keep, I will keep my promise, I'll make sure that you are safe and sound even if that means that I won't be with you. Your safety is all that matters to me Angel." He was dead serious about this, and Angel knew that, that he would give his life for her, just as she would give her life for him.

With that said Finnick had stood up giving a hand to Angel an helped her up. "We better get back, the announcement is soon to start." Nodding she and Finnick walked back to the victor's village an arm wrapped around her shoulders and her arm wrapped around his torso. They sort of took their time getting back though, not caring if they missed Snow and his announcement. But they still made it back before the hologram popped up showing Snow's face.

"Ladies and gentlemen this is the 75th year of the hunger games, it was written in the charter of the games that every 25 years there would be a Quarter Quell. To keep fresh of each new generation the memory of those who died in the uprising against the Capitol. Each Quarter Quell is distinguished by a special significance, and now on this the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion we celebrate the third Quarter Quell. As a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of the Capitol. On this the third Quarter Quell games the male and female tributes are to be reaped from the existing of victor's in each district." It seemed like time just stopped for Angel, she thought all this time she wouldn't ever have to go back in that arena, but yet here it is, she would have to go back. Annie isn't stable to go back and Mags is too old to go back, that only left her. She didn't want to go back in there, but she couldn't let either of the other two victor's go back into that hell hole. But beside her Finnick became angry, angry that he had to go back there, angry that either Angel, Annie, or Mags would have to go back in there with him, angry at Snow. He started to throw things, whatever he could throw would be thrown across the room and probably broken. Angel breaking out of her trance when she heard the scream of Annie standing up leaving Finnick to let his anger out as she ran to the younger girls house, finding Mags already there trying to comfort her.

As she held the red head in her arms, she looked at Annie and Mags, Angel planned on going back into the arena, if one of them were reaped then she'll volunteer, and if she gets reaped then she'll stop them if they try to volunteer for her.

The Fallen Angel will return, and this time she's out for blood.

*Mon petit ange - My little angel