xix :

━ here you go💗♥️💓

"ed's?"

eddie blinked, his eyes landed on richie. he had bandages covering his cuts, a bruise ringed around his eye.

it was morning, what happened? eddie tried to sit up, but winced, his head was pounding. "hey, hey, you need to rest,"

"what .. happened t-to me?"

"you, um, you fainted. do you not remember what happened earlier?" he asked.

eddie tried to think, but it hurt too much. "i can't .. right now,"

"well, you were like a whole other person. your hair was standing and shit, you were also floating without any support," richie explained.

now eddie remembered, he rememberd the overwhelming feeling of such power, coursing through his veins.

eddie sat up, his hair fell in front of his eyes. he gasped once he saw it was a silverish-gray.

"oh, that too." richie snickered.

"my hair .. what happened to it?" he touched it, it felt the same.

"i'm not sure, i thought you'd know."

eddie's eyes widened, he looked around. he was in his room, on his bed. "wait, stan and bevv, they-they saw!" he panicked.

"calm down, hey," he cupped eddie's face, "bevv doesn't remember, she thinks it was all a bad dream, stan on the other hand, he's freaked out."

"what about my aunt, what happened after i fainted?"

"well, obviously your aunt wanted to know why we were outside, why stan and i's faces were bloody and why your hair was a different color,"

"..and?" eddie pushed.

"jane handled it." he smirked, eddie sighed.

"gosh, my mom's gonna be home soon, where is everyone?"

"ben left home, bevv went home too. stan's still here, your aunt and jane are packing their bags, they go home today?" richie explained.

eddie got up, almost falling over from being so weak. "slow down, ed's."

"d-don't call me that, trashmouth."

"trashmouth?" richie snickered.

-

eddie hugged joyce goodbye, "i'll miss you, aunt joyce." eddie sniffled. "i'll miss you too, you can call anytime." she kissed his head.

eddie turned to jane who looked so drained, "jane?"

jane smiled sadly, "it's okay, i'm not mad or scared, but be careful, yeah?" she hugged him tightly, whispering in his ear.

eddie cried softly, "i'm sorry, i will," jane patted his shoulder, "relax, dude, you're fine." she chuckled.

eddie laughed through tears, jane ruffled his hair. "i like this new look, it suits your badass power." eddie giggled.

"bye, jane," he smiled, "bye, ed's. i'll call you when i get home." she rushed out the front door, waving at him.

"okay!" he called out. he watched as joyce and jane got in their car, pulling out the driveway and driving back home.

eddie turned around and saw stan leaning against the counter, he peered at eddie. eddie sighed and shut the door, richie came down.

it was just richie, eddie and stan. sonia would be home soon, so he had to make this quick.

"so .. mind telling me what the fuck happened yesterday?" stan crossed his arms.

eddie took a deep breath, "stan, i know you're probaby scared-"

"yeah, you're right. maybe if you explain, i won't have to be scared."

so, eddie did explain. everything. winkle and oak, his abilities and how long he possessed them.

"..wow," stan breathed out, looking suprised.

eddie nodded sheepishly, until richie asked stan something;

"why'd you kiss him?" he demanded.

stan snapped his head at him, "i tried to talk, but you went all crazy on me,"

"it just happened, i swear it meant nothing." stan added, eddie agreed.

richie bit his lip, taking it in. he sighed, "i'm sorry, man. i just, got jealous."

eddie flushed, jealous?

stan shrugged, "it's cool, you're my best friend," he genuinely smiled. stan looked at his watch, "i better go, see ya, eddie," he waved.

"bye, dude." stan patted richie's shoulder, "later." richie adjusted his glasses.

stan left. richie and eddie stood awkwardly in the kitchen, richie ran his tongue over his braces while he stared at eddie.

"my mom'll be home soon, you should go," eddie coughed, beginning to walk away when he felt richie grab his wrist.

"you're not mad at me, right? it looked like you hated me yesterday," richie frowned.

eddie shook his head vigoursly, "no, no, i-i don't even know why i got like that, but i could never hate you." eddie reassured.

richie seemed to relax, nodding happily. "okay good, but i should go now, huh?"

eddie giggled, "yeah, bye, 'chee." he hugged richie's waist.

"bye, ed's," he kissed eddie's cheek, caressing his face and then he left.

eddie stood there, alone. alone with his thoughts, that was dangerous.

a wave of emotions washed over him, anger, he felt terrible, sad and scared. eddie didn't even realise he crying until he felt them streaming.

eddie pouted, his shoulders shook. he fell on the ground, he started to cry violently. he screamed out and clawed at the ground, he felt like such a shit person.

how dare he abandon the friends who were there for him, how dare he. "ouch!" eddie cried when he felt a shock of electricity. he tried to calm himself, he didn't want to turn into that .. that monster again.

his hair floated up, but he couldn't control himself. he screamed, but he screamed at himself.

oak was his friend, winkle and those sneaky leaves.

but so was richie, bevv, stan, mike, ben and bill. jane too, human friends.

eddie felt the soft stem of winkle craddle him, he was lifted off the ground him and carried him upstairs.

eddie grew tired, his throat hurt, he weeped softly. once he was in his bedroom, winkle placed him in bed and his leaves tucked him in. eddie's eyes were heavy, he drifted off.

"we'll .. play later .. winkle.."

that was a promise.

@SPIDEYMILK🐝