s. rogers

you were out on a mission with the avengers when the enemy makes you mad making you loose control of your powers killing and injuring many innocent people

you stood in front of a group of hydra agents, alongside steve, sam and natasha. rumlow pushes through the rest of his agents to face you, steve put his arm in front of your chest protectively.
"oh precious y/n can't even face me on her own, I knew you were weak from the first day I met you in that SHIELD training room. what happened during that training session l/n? oh yeah you chickened out. you are weak. useless even." rumlow sneered. steve tried to step forward and defend you but you pushed him aside, your powers arising inside of you.
you were a changed women, you were strong, capable, independent, you didn't need steve to protect you.
your eyes glowed yellow,
"oh shit" sam muttered, trying to reach for you.
your pushed your hands out in front of you, sending out waves as you screamed as loud as you could. you were out of control, your scream caused even your team who had been fitted with protective ear pieces to collapse.
blood started to trickle out of your ears as you tried to stop your scream.
every hydra agent was dead, parts of their faces had been deformed even the civilians.

you tried as hard as you physically could to stop it, harder and harder and it finally stopped, nat, steve and Sam pulled themselves off the ground to reach you. you had collapsed to the ground and everything went black.

you woke up in a hospital bed, your best friend steve by your side, natasha and sam outside the door.
"steve, I'm so sorry. I lost control" you sobbed into your heads,
"how many steve? how many?"
steve hesitates for a moment, "73" he mutters sadly, your cries got louder and louder.
"y/n I'm sorry, but this isn't freedom, this is fear" steve reaches for your hand and grasped it tightly.
"I think you might need to go back to training"

you held his hand tighter, scared to let go.
"I think that's for the best"