Chapter Forty-Five

Songs for this chapter:
• Wonderland - Taylor Swift

Chapter Forty-Five:

Bryce's POV

I'm so turned on right now. I'm so turned on right now. I'm so turned on right now that it hurts.

Having this beautiful girl curled up against my chest isn't helping either.

Actually, I'm officially convinced that she's not even human. She must be an angel. She certainly looks like one, wearing this white nightgown as her silky hair is spread out across the bed beside her.

Her eyes are still open, but she isn't looking at me.

She's completely silent, tracing her finger up and down my arm as if she's in her own little world right now.

As fucking adorable as she is right now, and as much as I'd love to stay the night here with her, I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep my hands to myself.

I make a move to sit, up but I'm stopped from doing so by her soft body laying on top of mine.

She finally looks at me, and when she does, the look in her eyes is timid but also untamed.

"Don't leave me," she whispers, and something inside of me leads me to believe that she isn't just talking about getting out of bed right now.

"I was just going to get my shirt," I lie to her, and I'm surprised by how quickly she responds, saying, "I'd rather you didn't."

She blushes profusely once she realizes what she had just said, and I grin at her.

She's suddenly shy, looking away from me and leaning her head back down against my chest.

She shuts her eyes, and she's once again quiet for a few minutes.

Just as I think that she may have managed to fall asleep already, her smooth voice asks, "Why did you come to see me? Why weren't you with everyone else?"

I smile a little bit at her question. She's funny. She really thinks that I would choose those idiots over some time alone, cuddling with her?

"They're drinking up there and I didn't want to get in trouble if they got busted," I answer, even though it's only part of the truth.

She'll thinking I'm a fucking stalker if I tell her that I really just wanted to see her smile.

I'm hopeless. Great.

"Are you going to go to sleep now?" I ask her, and she nods.

"Are you going to stay with me?" she questions, tilting her head up so that our gazes meet.

Her soft hazel eyes are wide and she's silently begging me to agree, I can tell.

There's no doubt within me that I'll say yes, because I don't get those damn nightmares when she stays with me. I don't know where the logic is in it all, but I guess she makes me feel cared about.

I bend down to kiss her gently on the lips, and she lets me. I only give her a small peck, and when I pull away she quickly wraps her arms around my chest, holding tight.

Even though she's no longer really giving me any options, I answer her earlier question with a simple, "Yeah. I'll stay," and it makes a huge grin spread across her lips.

"Thanks," she says quietly, before she shuts her eyes, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck.

She falls asleep soon after, and I take the opportunity to play with her hair. It's so smooth and soft, and it really is so damn pretty. I hope she never cuts it.