CHAPTER 7 - That Still Doesn't Sounds Good

When Alex got home that night, Kara was waiting for her, eating ice cream in front of the TV.

"Hey, it's almost one in the morning, what are you doing here?"

"Do you want to watch Once Upon A Time with me?"

Alex understood that she couldn't push Kara to talk to her this time. So, she sat next to her sister and pulled a blanket over the both of them.

"So how was your date with Sam?"

Alex smiled before answering:

"It was great. We went to the waterfront and sat there. It was really nice."

"Humm, and that's all?"

"No", said Alex with a smirk. "We kissed."

"Alex, that's great!"

"I know!"

The two sisters continued talking about everything except Lena for the next half hour until Alex finally asked:

"What about your night?"

"That didn't go as well as yours, that's for sure."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I just think I've made an unforgettable mistake. I just told her the truth but apparently it's not what she wanted to hear."

"What's the truth?"

"That I probably would have never told her who I was. And she said I didn't trust her, but it's not about trust."

"Isn't it?"

"No! I didn't tell because I wanted her to be safe."

"Kara, I think we both know that Lena Luthor is more than capable of taking care of herself."

"That's what she said too. Okay, if it's not why I kept it from her, then why did I?"

"Well, I think you were afraid of her reaction. Which is understandable considering how she did react. And I know you don't want to hear it, but I think you were afraid of what it could change between the two of you. You know, romantically."

"I don't follow."

"You could've never have been in a relationship with her without telling her you are Supergirl. And maybe you didn't want to acknowledge those feelings."

"I think I still don't."

"Yeah, I've noticed. Look Kara, I know right now she probably hates you, but you clearly have feelings for each other. Tell her."

"I'm not sure I want to."

"Kara, stop being stupid."

"I'm not being stupid I'm being pragmatic. It's like the universe doesn't want me to have an happy ending. I got with Adam, Bizarro attacked me. I kissed James, Myriad was activated. And Mon-El had to leave the Earth!"

"Kara, we've talked about this. There will always be obstacles okay? You can't let that stop you from living your life. Your Kara Danvers' life."

"I know, I know. It's just that I don't want Lena to get hurt because of me."

"Yes, you've made this clear. Just think about this, okay?"

"I will."

"Great. Now I'm going to bed, I am exhausted."

"Thank you Alex."

***

Pretty much the same thing happened with Lena and Sam, except that Lena was much angrier.

"Can you believe her?! I mean, this is unbelievable!"

"Well, you did keep kryptonite away from Supergirl. I mean, I think it took her a while to forgive you. I can understand why she wouldn't want you, her best friend, to know that she also was the woman you couldn't trust."

"Are you defending her? Which side are you on Sam?" said Lena with so much drama in her voice it made Sam smile.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. She is a jerk."

"Yes, she is. And the worst part is that I think I still have feelings for her."

"Well, yeah, you don't get over someone in a week. Especially if you don't want to. Do you? Want to get over her?"

"I don't know. I don't think so. But I have to. I mean she lied to me for so long, how will I know she won't do it again?"

"Because she lied to you specifically to avoid telling you about how she feels."

"How does she feel?"

"You know how she feels."

"Did you talk about that with Alex during your date?"

"Maybe."

"Sam! You shouldn't have been talking about us during your date!"

"Don't worry, that's not all we did."

"Ooh, okay, so what did you do?"

"We kissed."

"That great! I'm happy for you, Sam."