xxiii :

━ get ready to cry⛈

eddie awoke. blinking a few times, he rubbed at his eyes and yawned. he sat up and stretched, he looked to see richie sleeping soundly next to him. eddie smiled, remembering yesterday and what had happened.

eddie slid on his boxers and a shirt, he scratched his head and stood up, wincing at the pain he felt in his bottom. it was worth it though, lastnight was amazing.

eddie also remembered yelling at winkle for the first time, closing the window for the first time. he felt extremely guilty, he shuffled to the window.

eddie opened the curtains and let the sunlight in, he slid open the window. eddie gasped sharply, muffling a scream. his eyes went huge, tears prickled at his waterline.

winkle was completely torn off his stem, shriveled up, his leaves were ripped and some had wilted.

winkle was dead.

eddie didn't want to believe it, no. his best friend for so long, the one who was so sweet and playful, a small sapling was now dead.

eddie shakily reached to ghost his hand over the stem, it felt like mush. almost nothing.

"w-wink?"

no movement, eddie's eyebrows knitted as he squeezed his eyes shut. "winkle!" he cried, eddie carefully took the dead stem into his warm hands and fell onto his knee's.

he violenty sobbed, screaming and trembling. "winkle, i-i-i'm so sorry!" he shouted, cradling winkle's once alive stem.

richie sprung up, seeing eddie crying loudly. he jumped out of bed, rushing towards him.

"eddie!? what happened, what's wrong?" he worriedly asked.

eddie showed richie, "i-it's winkle .. he's .. dead!" he hysterically cried.

richie cursed, eyes going wide. "fuck, that fucking storm!" he yelled, he ran his hand through eddie's tousled hair.

"shit, ed's. i'm fucking sorry, winkle .. he didn't deserve this," richie apologised, feeling his own tears start to flow.

eddie cried louder, bringing the stem to his chest. "i'm sorry, winkle! i'm sorry, so sorry, so sorry!" his throat was raw, his head pounded.

richie pet eddie's hair, shushing him and trying to calm him, but nothing worked.

"r-richie?"

"yes, eddie?"

"c-could you .. could you please leave? i need some time alone." he pleaded.

richie frowned, "are you sure?"

"god, yes, i'm sure. i want to be alone,"

richie saddened, he nodded and began to put his clothes on. eddie didn't even glance richie's way, his eyes were puffy and his face was flushed and blotchy, stained with tears.

richie was fully dressed, he pursed his lips. "bye, ed's. i-i had fun with you, i'll miss you."

eddie ignored him, he hiccuped. still on the floor.

richie sighed, he walked out and closed the door. eddie broke down, hugging winkle close. eddie struggled to breathe, everything hurt.

the last thing he told winkle was to get out, he felt disgusting, a horrible friend. eddie weeped with everything he had, winkle, was now dead. gone. forever.

"i'm such a terrible person, i did this, winkle. i-i love you .. so much, i-i .. hate myself.." he choked on his own cry.

i love you.

@SPIDEYMILK