Chapter 23 - L.A.

Double update today!

Sang

"Sang, it's time to wake up. Sang."

I rolled over and smacked the voice with my pillow. I then proceeded to use the pillow to cover my eyes and promptly go back to sleep. The voice didn't bother me anymore. A little while later, I felt myself being carried. But I was very sleepy, so I didn't complain. What woke me up was the following conversation.

"Did you ask mom whether or not we could come?"

"I tried, but she hit me with her pillow."

"Mom is usually a morning person, but never ever interrupt her sleep if you want to live. You are lucky she didn't sleep with her gun."

Automatically, when I heard the word gun, I went into high alert. I rolled off wherever I was and pulled out my gun which I had cradled in my sleep. I was still half asleep, but I was pointing my gun at the voice. I finally open my eyes all the way to see my very confused kids, Silas, Nathan, North and Victor.

Seeing there was no threat, I relaxed and dropped the gun. I then looked at my surroundings. I was no longer in the guest room at Ace's house. I was in a plane, a jet more like it. How the fuck did that happen? My head whips to the side where my children are. They were supposed to stay with Ace!

I growl at my men, "What. Did. You. Do?"

Nathan is quick to defend himself, "You weren't waking up..."

I stalk towards them, "This is too dangerous for my INJURED children to be involved with. What were you four thinking? I said that they were STAYING HOME!"

Silas tries to get a word in, "But they used the card of absent fathers."

I give him my worst mom glare which I have perfected with ten kids, "You are the ADULTS who are SUPPOSED to make SMART decisions!"

North grunts, "They just want to help with their fathers."

I walk up to him and pull on his ear for him to get to my height, "Listen here, I am in charge. I am their mother and you better not disrespect me again."

I see Silas and Nathan chuckling at North's dumbfound expression. I stalk over to them and pull both their ears, "It goes for both of you too. You are stronger, taller and HOPEFULLY more mature than my children. That's not what I am seeing right now."

I notice Victor ignoring the conversation and typing on his computer. I come over and slam it shut, "And you should listen when people are talking to you."

A giggle makes me refocus on my children who are all smiling like idiots. I walk over to them, "What did you do exactly?"

Kota informs me, "We cannot let you go alone, you might need help."

I give him a mom glare, "How did you guilt them into letting you come?"

Leif admits, "We guilted them by saying how they were so absent all our lives."

I hit them all on the back of the head, "You idiots, all of you have no right to do that. I get to blame your fathers, but you do not."

"Isn't that hypocritical?" asks Nathan.

Victor shoves him, "Shut up unless you want to die."

I give them both a look, "Shut up, you get to say nothing. Your opinion stopped mattering to me the moment you left me at the hospital."

I hear a muttered, "Low blow..." from the kids.

I turn back towards them, "You know what else was a low blow, guilting your fathers to bring with the fact that they weren't in your life. Do you know how stressed and worried I will be with you there? I won't be able to do all of the things I usually do."

Everyone looked remorseful at this point and I sighed, "But you here now. Just promise me you will stay inside Ryder's base the entire time."

I hear a chorus from my children of, "We promise."

I nod, "Good. Now, I need to give your fathers more info."

I walk over to where the four men are and Silas says, "Sorry Sang for upsetting you."

I dismiss him with a wave, "I'm okay right now. I have to warn you about a couple things in LA."

"What do we need to know?" questioned Victor.

I leaned back in my seat, "First off, as you know, LA is the city with the most gangs. Ryder is the head of the largest and strongest one. Do not piss him off! He is not married, rather a manwhore, but do not call him that. I can, but that's cause- - whatever just cause. Mel is like his daughter. Do not attack him, do no shoot him. He will take it badly."

Nathan rolled his eyes, "Why are you telling us this? We aren't idiots."

I shrug, "I am not an idiot, but I shot him."

Victor frowns, "Why?"

"He wouldn't give Mel back," I reply.

"What happened?" asked Silas.

I smirk, "I called Rocky and Aleksandr."

Nathan laughs, "I would have paid money to see that fight."

"Either way-" I continue "-these are just warnings. I have friends there, do not be overprotective. They would consider you my boyfriends and will beat you up."

North grunts, "How do you know that?"

I roll my eyes this time, "I went out on a date in an attempt to get more information on him and that's what they did."

North retorted, "We are-"

I cut him off, "Let's continue! In LA, I have pissed off several people. They will not try to kill me or my kids because Ryder would get revenge. They might try to kill you. Watch out for that. Do NOT drink anything you didn't make. Assume Volto or my enemies have associates to poison or drug you."

I get interrupted by Leif, "Momma look we're here!"

We all look outside from the windows at the City of Angels. I snort, the city of devils more like it. It is still breathtaking to look at. We are arriving at Ryder's private airstrip. I remember last time we came at LAX airport. 

The cops want to take down Ryder and thought they could pressure me by using my kids. The idiots! One call to my lawyer who is the best in the country and who has instructions to place calls to Ryder, Aleksandr and Ace. They used their connections and suddenly the cops who had arrested me found themselves dealing with some very pissed off superiors. Apparently, my friends have friends in high places.

I pull myself out of memory lane as soon as the jet hits the ground. I already see that Ryder has a limo for us. How considerate! I am the first to get off the damn jet and everybody follows quickly.

"Welcome to LA."

***

Word Count: 1164