Ch. 8

Vote & Follow if you enjoy!

-Saturday-

Y/n's POV:

It's been three days since Ariana and I decided that we would take a shot at dating. Honestly, it's going better than I expected, she keeps her distant during practice and we talk and hangout during lunch and text after work. I haven't told Laura, but I'm pretty sure she already knows. Every time I get a message from Ariana, I can't help but smile and she's caught me like that multiple times. Speaking of messages, I feel my phone go off again my pocket.

Ariana🖤: What are your plans for today?

Y/n: Nothing much really, why?

Ariana🖤: Wanna come over and watch movies with me?

Y/n: I don't know, Laura might get bored without me... :p

Ariana🖤: Y/n pleaseeee!

Y/n: Okay yeah fine I'll be over soon

Ariana🖤: Yay! <3

I put my phone back in my pocket and get changed into a pair of blue skinny jeans and a black tank top, accompanied by black converse.

I arrive at Ariana's about half an hour later and am instantly greeted by her dogs and miniature pig, when I open the door to her apartment.

"Y/n!" I look up from the animals to see Ariana in one of her oversized dangerous women hoodies, shorts, and slippers.

"Hey, you look nice and comfy haha" I tell her, which makes her blush.

"So do you, come in please" She waves for me to follow her into her living room and I watch as she takes a seat on one of the huge bean bags circling her tv.

"So what do you wanna watch first?" I ask, trying not to sound nervous and taking a seat in one of the other bean bags. We haven't actually hung out completely alone before and I don't know what to expect.

"Harry Potter?"

"Of course you'd want to see that, but sure" she shrugs, before turning on the tv and getting the movie going.

We're about halfway through the first movie when I feel Ariana poke my arm.

"What's up?" I ask her,

"I um was wondering if I could sit with you" She asks nervously.

I feel my cheeks flush a light red, and I pat my lap for her to join me.

She quickly gets up, walks over and sits on my lap. She weighs like nothing, yet I can tell she is worried about crushing me.

"Hey you can lean back and relax you're not gonna hurt me. I'm strong haha"

She smiles back at me, then slowly leans herself onto my front, resting her head on one of my shoulders and I wrap my arms around her stomach.

"Is this okay?" I ask.

She just nods and cuddles her head closer to my neck. I feel my heart racing but I don't want Ariana to move, so I just stick it out.

-2 movies later-

I begin to here little snores coming from Ariana. I turn my head and sure enough she is sound asleep with her head on my chest. I check the time and see that it's 8pm, so I decide to carefully get up and see what she has for food. Might as well see if I can't make us up something nice for dinner.

I'm halfway through cooking pasta when two arms wrap around my stomach.

"You left me?" Ariana says, nuzzling her head in my back.

"Only to cook" I tell her.

"How much longer?" She asks.

"Only a few more minutes"

"Okay I'll set up the table" she says releasing her hold on me and gathering silverware, plates, and cups to put on the table.

I turn off the stove and drain the pasta. Then I mix it with a green vegan sauce, since Ariana told me that she's vegan.

We ate dinner rather quickly and are now fighting on who will clean the dishes.

"Y/n you cooked, let me clean! plus, you're a guest." Ariana says snatching the dirty dishes from my hands.

"Okay, okay fine you win" I tell her.

She smiles, happy that I finally caved and leaves me with her animals to finish cleaning up.

I was playing with her dogs when she finally came back in the living room.

"They like you" She says, kneeling down next to me.

"I'm sure they would like anyone, that is willing to give them enough attention" I joke.

She shakes her head.

"No, they like you...not as much as I do, but they do like you"

I almost choke on my own spit. Ariana just flirted with me and I don't know why I got so flustered by it.

I turn to her and she looks at me shyly. I move forward and kiss her on the lips and she quickly wraps her arms around my neck to deepen it. I feel my stomach begin to turn and I push her back onto a nearby beanbag. She smiles against my lips.

"Eager much?" She says between kisses.

"You're the one that started it" I tell her.

"Well I didn't think you would actually go along with it" She says giggling as we stop our short and sweet make out session.

"I should probably get going" I tell her, seeing that it's already 11:30pm.

"Do you have too?" She asks.

"Yes Ariana" She pouts at my words and I give her one last kiss before making my way to her front door.

"Hey Y/n?" I turn around and see Ariana fidgeting with her hands.

"Yeah?"

She takes a moment but then just waves at me.

"Never mind, I'll tell you later...goodnight"

Ariana's POV:

I don't want her to leave and I was thinking of asking her to be my girlfriend, but I stopped myself. I know she wants to take things slow, which I'm okay with because this is all new territory for me. However, I just want to make her mine, so that no one else can try and steal her away from me.

"Okay, well then I'll see you Monday" She says.

"Yeah, see you Monday" and with that she left.

To Be Continued...