empty

I used you up. You said I didn't, that I was wrong to think it, but why else would you leave? I always had you doing things for me. I though I reciprocated in kind, that we were equal in the energy we put in. Yet I now know that I used you up and left you empty. drained. I sucked the light out of your life to brighten up my own and I never once thought about the consequences. No time to recharge when the life sucking leech was attached to your hip, demanding at every turn. I wont say i'm sorry. It wont fix it. Those two words will not bring light back to the one person who filled mine. So instead I will spend every waking moment giving it to you back. And if in the end we have switched places, if in the end I turn out to be full of darkness, and you have light, I ask you give it to someone else. Someone more deserving of your light and your energy. Someone who will put in half the work so you wont ever be drained again, instead you will be balanced. Half light and half dark. And when Im full of darkness, I will remember your light and I will brighten myself up. I will take what you taught me and what I taught myself and I will use it to start a light so deep in myself that I wont have to borrow anyone else's ever again. Then I will find a man who will only give me half of his light, a man who already knows balance from a girl who once drained him. Only then will I be happy. And hopefully so will you.