Chapter 5

You spent the better part of the night crying to Ji-ae, as soon as Min-Jun was tucked into bed of course.

Sat up cuddling a pillow on the sofa you watched your best friend pace around the room.

Ji had taken the frantic call from her father, apologizing profusely and explaining everything about the situation to him at your consent.

The faint memory of Ji-ae promising it was going to be okay, that Jimin didn't notice and that Min-Jun was safe rang through your ears as you squinted your eyes against the morning sun streaming in through your window.

The sound of Min-Jin's voice from under the covers of your bed was the only thing that could pull you out of your thoughts.

"Mommy" his sleep-filled voice called, peering out at you from where he had slept.

You smiled, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him into your chest

"Shhh baby, go back to sleep" you cooed, lightly playing with the little tufts of hair sticking out from his head.

"Why are you sad mommy?" He asked from below you.

You frowned, holding him closer to you.

"I'm not said little mochi, don't worry" you mumbled, attempting to reassure him.

"Your eyes were wet" he argued, pushing his hands against your chest so he could peek up at your face.

He saw that?

The little bugger must have snuck out of bed last night...

You smiled, bending down to kiss his forehead.

"Don't you worry about that" you said, lightly pinching his cheek, "Sometimes Mommys need to cry so that their babys don't have to!"

Min-Jun furrowed his little brows, mulling over what you just said.

You laughed when he gasped, sitting up straight in bed.

"You did for me!" He announced, proud that he came to the conclusion by himself.

"That's right! And are you sad now?" You asked, sitting up next to him.

He shook his head at you, giggling to himself.

"See?" You said, scooping him into your arms, "It worked!"

The boy giggled and squirmed out of your arms, crawling over to the edge of the bed.

You watched as he rolled onto his tummy so he could slide off the edge.

"Where are you going little man?" You asked as he shot straight for the door.

"I want apples!" He shouted excitedly, reaching up on his tippy toes to grab the handle before bolting down the corridor.

You groaned, rolling off the bed to go after him.