Part II Chapter 25 - Emergency

***Harri***

Streams of sunlight filtered through a thin layer of clouds as the daylight washed the gray sky into pastel colors. Birds were singing melodious chorus so as to awake their surroundings, the twilight slowly melting away.

It was a beautiful and calm morning of summer.

"It can't believe it! I won't tolerate this any longer!"

"Please calm down, My Lady!"

Just kidding. It's been a long time that we have had a quiet day here. I got used to it. Whether it's early in the morning or late in the evening, these constant shouting became common. No one is truly paying attention to it anymore –except for the maids, as they don't have the choice.

Currently, I'm in the courtyard, sitting at small table as I silently take a sip of my tea. It's a habit I've had for as long as I can remember. Relaxing in the morning around a cup of tea, as you feel the rising sun's rays gently kissing your skin. There is no better feeling than this. Unfortunately, ever since I settled here, my morning routine has been interrupted and I have to cope with this never-ending commotion every day.

I am not alone, though. Azariah, the female elf who gave birth to the Creator, is keeping me company. It seems that she also appreciates drinking tea, and since it was only the courtyard, it wasn't so difficult to make her join me. Except for this, she never truly left her room. She doesn't seem to have any hobbies either. A shame, really. At such a young age, she should take time for herself. She might be an elf, a mortal's life span is too short not to enjoy the small pleasure of life.

"Why are they still here?! Kick them out already!" A female voice ordered.

Without even bothering to take a look, I could already tell who this voice belonged to: Lady Nora from the Whiteheart household. Well, she might be called Lady Nora, but she is nothing like a lady. Always shouting, complaining and throwing tantrums. In a way, she kind of reminds me of Yoko. Speaking of which, Yoko became much calmer nowadays. Usually, when she finds a new toy to play with, she stops bothering me –not that I'm complaining, I'm not really tempted by the idea of dealing with two wild women at once. So it's regrettable for this "Lady Nora", but Yoko has set her eyes on her.

"We can't, My Lady!" A maid tried to reason with her as her voice betrayed her anxiety. "They're the young mistress' guests!"

"Do you think I care about such a futile detail? I'm ordering you to throw them out! Now!"

"But the Lord...! He perfectly stated that we were to do everything to make them feel home until the young mistress returns!"

The spoiled little lady clicked her tongue in annoyance. She was about to add something, but the words never came out as her attention shifted on the manor's entrance, where a tall figure just appeared: Yoko. Feigning ignorance, Yoko approached with a broad smile on her face. I can tell she's provoking her.

"Hey bestie~!" She exclaimed.

As she heard her, the Whiteheart lady twitched her eyelids. Obviously, that didn't bother Yoko –quite the opposite, I'm pretty sure she's enjoying it- as she continued.

"What's wrong? Still angry? Come on! I told you I'm sorry, I really didn't do it on purpose! It was just an unfortunate accident!"

The little lady's anger did not subside. On the contrary, her body kept trembling in frustration and she wouldn't stop clenching her teeth. Noticing the blood rushing to her mistress' head, the maid grabbed her arm, immediately turning her attention back to her.