Ch. 9

-Monday during lunch-

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n will you please just stay and eat lunch with me and the dancers today?" Laura whined.

"Okay, okay fine, I don't see why not" I tell her.

"Yesss!" She squeals before running into the break room.

I message Ariana to let her know that I'll be having lunch with the others.

Airana🖤: But I was looking forward to eating lunch with you :(

I shake my head.

Y/n: You can still have lunch with me, just with the others as well

Ariana🖤: ......

Y/n: Don't be like this, we hung out all day Saturday.

Ariana🖤: I don't care. I want you to myself. There stealing my only one on one time with you!

Y/n: You have to share me. I'm going to join them now. If you want, you can too.

Read

As soon as I walk in, I'm tackled to the floor by Laura.

"Jesus what took you so long, I was worried you stood me up!" Laura says laughing, while still on top of me.

"I wouldn't do that to my best friend, even if you're a pain in my ass" she rolls her eyes and I hear the room door open.

I look up and see Ariana.

"Hey Ariana, come to join us for lunch?" Laura asks still on top of me.

"Yeah" she says, but I can tell she's annoyed.

"Laura will you get off of me already? I'm starting to not be able to feel my legs"

"Phtt baby" she says, while getting up.

"Thank you"

I get up and smile at Ariana, but she just walks off. The hell? Is she giving me the cold shoulder because I wouldn't eat lunch with her? Whatever, if she wants to act like a child then she can.

I grab a sandwich and chips and take a seat next to Laura. We're only about 5 minutes in and Laura is already pushing my buttons.

"Y/n when are we gonna go out again? I miss our fun nights on the town" Laura says giving me a small frown and puppy dog eyes.

I can feel someone staring at me and look across the table to see Ariana. However, when we make eye contact, she quickly looks back down at her food.

"I don't know when I get time, plus you know what happened last time." I tell Laura, remembering that she asked me something.

"Oh my god, I already apologized for kissing you! What more do you want from me?" Laura asks.

I was about to answer when I see Ariana get up and leave.

The door slams shut, making everyone jump in their seats.

"Jeez what's her problem" Laura says.

I smack her arm and give her a pissed off and are you stupid look. It takes her a second, but then she realizes what she did.

"Crap, I'm sorry!" Laura says.

"It's fine, I'm just gonna go check up on her. She's probably just upset about Pete." I tell her and she nods.

I leave the break room and make quick work of searching the studio and finally find her in one of the locker rooms on a bench.

"Ariana"

She looks up to see me, but quickly turns away.

"Ariana come on, what is your problem?" I ask, taking a seat next to her, but she moves farther away.

"Look, I don't know what your problem is, but I'm sorry if what Laura talked about reminded you of Pete" I must have hit a nerve because she swings her head around and her long hair hits me in the face.

"I'm not mad about that! I'm mad that she was all over you earlier and then I come to learn that she's kissed you!"

She's jealous. I didn't think about that as a possibility.

"Ariana, I promise you that she doesn't like me that way. Laura has only ever been into dudes."

"Then why did she kiss you!" She says folding her arms across her chest.

"We were out partying and both of us were pretty drunk. She saw this really hot guy and wanted to get his attention, so without thinking she kissed me. However, I pulled away before she could even get the guys attention and I proceeded to cuss her out. She's apologized hundreds of times and now it's pretty much history."

Her facial expression changes from angry to embarrassed.

"Y/n I'm sorry..." she says looking at the floor.

"I thought she might try and steal you from me"

I almost burst out laughing, but manage to keep it in.

"No she would never, she doesn't like me like that. We like each other more like close sisters, if that makes any sense." She just nods and continues to avoid eye contact with me.

"Hey look at me" I tell her.

I take her hands in mine and she turns to finally face me.

"I'm not interested in anyone else okay? And if I'm being completely honest, I didn't even know that I liked you, until we kissed last week. And I don't think you knew either."

She just stares, while I continue to speak.

"But I do not regret that, okay? I like you and I will not treat you same the way that Pete did. I just need time to let you in. I told you this when I said that I would give us a shot, remember?"

She nods.

"Okay, then are we good?"

She shakes her head no. I look around the locker room to make sure we're still alone, before I give her a quick peck on the lips.

"What about now?"

"Maybe, I don't know I think I might need another" she says grinning.

I lean back in to give her another peck, and when I go to move away she grabs the back of my neck and holds me in place for a couple more seconds.

"Okay enough, what would you say if someone caught us in here?"

"That I was practicing my acting" she says.

"That's a terrible excuse, you don't even act anymore" I tell her and she punches my arm.

"On another note, we should get back to the studio, lunch is about done." I say, getting up from the bench.

"But I didn't get to eat anything" Ariana says with puppy eyes similar to Laura's, except I found hers to be way cuter.

"Well then maybe don't get jealous next time" I tease and bop her nose.

She opens her mouth to protest, but quickly shuts it, realizing that she can't defend herself.

We finally make our way back to the others and begin the second half of practice.

To Be Continued...