Chapter 9

I woke up with sweat particles over my forehead and chest. I wiped the ones from my neck and noticed that I was on Jer's bed. My eyes quickly dashed around the room trying to find who had attacked me yesterday, Stefan Salvatore, but only found Damon and Jer discussing by the window.

Damon was the first to notice me, but Jer was first to reach me.

"Gemma, how's your head, does it hurt?" he asked examining it.

"I'm okay...but I wasn't last night! He was here and he was trying to kill me! He bit into my neck," I cried out wrapping my arms around my legs. "He was trying to kill me...bit into my neck..." My hand instantly flew to my neck but I felt nothing, not even a trace of a wound.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey," Damon said stepping closer to me. "It was only a nightmare, don't worry."

I looked at him astonished. Was he trying to tell me it was only a nightmare? I remember everything crystal clear! I remember everything from yesterday. I remember coming home after Elijah gave me a necklace, Damon took me back home and that's when Stefan attacked me.

No nightmare could ever be that livid. No, I know what I saw. I reached on my neck to grab the necklace, but was met with nothing. My hands instantly searched all over my neck and chest, but again, nothing.

"Where's my necklace, where is it?" I asked personally nobody.

"What necklace, Gem?" Jer asked.

"The necklace. The necklace Elijah gave to me and made me promise to never take it off. You saw it Damon, didn't you?"

By now my eyes were burning with tears and my mind was malfunctioning.

"I didn't see anything."

"No, you did. I showed it to you after I came back from my walk with Elijah. You also made me promise to not take it out. Remember?"

By now I was desperate for an answer. Damon saw it, he agreed with it! I know.

"Gemma, you never went on a walk with Elijah. when I brought you back home from our walk you insisted on going in alone. When Jeremy came back he found you passed out on the floor. You haven't woken up until now," Damon responded.

Passed out? No, Stefan was trying to kill me. I even called sheriff Forbes! Sheriff Forbes, she was my proof. I called her, I know it.

"Check with Sheriff Forbes, I called her. She knows and I told her what was going on. She said she'd be here right away!" By now I was shouting in anger and sadness that no one believed me.

"Gem, calm down. No one is going to hurt you. You have to remember that this was all a nightmare."

"You guys are making me seem crazy," I whispered.

I met their gazes but theirs didn't meet mine. "You guys think I'm crazy."

I stood up from the bed, enraged. They thought I was lying? And Damon, he saw the necklace, he saw everything that happened at The Grill.

"Stefan was trying to kill me! He had these weird veins in his eyes and then he had sharp teeth, fangs! He bit my neck and when my necklace came into contact with his face, it got a red mark like the one you got on your hand!" I exclaimed pointing at Damon.

Damon was my last hope. So I ran. I ran down the stairs and out the front door and just ran.

How could they lie straight to my face? What the hell is going on in this town? I know what I saw, I know what I experienced. But my word wasn't true right now, I couldn't turn back, they thought I was insane.