66-Don't Stop Me Now

When I come to again, I gasp as my eyes shoot open. Everything is just so fucking heavy, to the point that it hurts. The blast from the explosion must've absolutely decimated the base because under me, the ground is wet. There's a lot of things on me and I think I can hear my brother and husband calling out for me. My hands press against the slab of concrete on top of me as I try ready myself, knowing that using my powers for something like this is going to definitely tire me. I let myself breathe for a moment before using my telekinesis to lift up the debris that was on be enough for me to slip out. I climb through the rubble until I see two familiar, albeit dirty faces. Steve and Tony were both there to immediately help me up. I looked at my brother, warm blood dripping down my face. I felt filthy and just disgusting and I'm sure I looked like it too. Tony still smiled at me, trying to sort of comfort me. There was a dull throbbing in my head, most likely a concussion. We moved to stand beside Thor, watching Thanos. I had to blink a few times to make my vision actually okay.

"What has he been doing?" I ask, looking at my teammates even though I can see that he is just siting there. That motherfucker.

"He's just sitting there." Steve responds, "Like he's waiting for something." Thunder booms and lighting cracks as Thor calls both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker into his hands. Oh, he brought that back with him? I didn't know we could do that.

"Let's kill him properly this time." Thor says very seriously and I stand up straight. I turn to look at my husband and my brother as I zip my suit up fully. The dark red suit is already dirty, but I don't mind it because I know it's about to get much dirtier.

"What do we say to the God of Death?" Tony asks and I smile at the Game of Thrones reference. We have been watching that damn show since it came out and the reference makes slightly happy. There's a knot in my stomach and I don't exactly want to do this. Part of me would much rather run away and go make sure Benjamin is okay. But I can't do that. I can't. If I could fight while I was pregnant, I can fight now.

"Not today." I say with a smirk before kissing Tony on the cheek. I turn to Steve who kisses me carefully. Thank God I left his mother's ring at home in Brooklyn as well as his dog tags. I wouldn't want those to get damaged at all. We let the moment fade away before we walk towards Thanos. Fire erupts on my hands and I lose my smile. My face becomes much more serious.

"You could not live with your own failure." Thanos tells us as soon as we reach him. His words don't stop us as he continues, "Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half the lives, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. As long as they're those that remember what was there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yup, we're all kinds of stubborn." Tony responds. My training as an agent reminds me to look around, to see other threats, but there's just one that has my attention. The big ugly one right in front of us.

"I'm thankful because now I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom and then, with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life that knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe." Thanos informs us as we all ready ourselves. My body covers in flame as I beckon the darkness to come forward. I roll my neck as the dark power surges through me. The dark whispers start up again.

"Born out of blood." Steve states and Thanos almost smiles. Oh I hate this alien in front of us. He took so much away from me, from my family, from the galaxy. I wanted to make him pay. He's going to pay.

"They'll never know because you'll be gone." Thanos responds. I scream, as does Thor, before we all launch our attacks on him. I throw fireball after fireball at him. I pick up slabs of concrete, throwing them at him. He uses his large double edged sword to slice at my arm, which makes me shout in pain. The flame disappears for a second so I can look at the bloody wound before I look up at him, red eyes glowing.