(181) Mistakenly entered an Illegal Business, alarmed, alarmed, alarmed

Chu Qing-Yan propped up her chin, recalling the knowledge she learned before from school books. At that time, what did her teacher say to her? The governor of a province is the highest official in the region. He managed the issues of the people, and decided on litigations and purchases with other regions. He could also self-appoint officials under him.

He was equivalent to the modern day governor of a province and the mayor.

But the province area in the ancient era was much smaller than modern ones, it wasn't comparable.

But this government official position in ancient era was already considered pretty big.

And at this time, a burst of wind blew by. It blew some paper on the couch to the side of her foot. In passing, she picked it up and inadvertently saw what was written on it.

Three years ago, a flood happened in Qi Xian, a region under Liu Ying's management. The imperial court allocated the region three million taels, but in the end, the people of Qi Xian only received three hundred thousand. The whereabouts of the remaining two million seven hundred thousand became a mystery. During the flood disaster, one hundred and seventy two people died. Among them, one hundred and ten people died of starvation.

Chu Qing-Yan's eyes opened wide after seeing the information written on the paper. No wonder Big Block of Ice's expression was so bad.

The whereabouts of several millions of silver for disaster relief became a mystery. It already could clearly indicate a kind of meaning.

Embezzlement.

Under the heavens, there wasn't a merchant that wasn't greedy, there wasn't an official that wasn't corrupt.

This had already become people's favorite expression.

Then, was Big Block of Ice going over there to manage this?

She silently placed the paper in its original spot. She had never doubted Big Block of Ice's ability to handle matters. So she only had to follow him and that would be fine.

No matter what he did, she would support him!

Originally, she had some energy to watch the scenery outside the window. But with the swaying of the horse carriage, she started to get drowsy. In the end, her body turned sideways and she fell asleep on the couch.

This horse carriage's interior design, Chu Qing-Yan had also redesigned it. The couch inside had a similar principle to the modern day foldable sofa bed.

So when she fell asleep sitting on the couch, Xiao Xu having split a part of his attention on her, saw this and shook his head. He carried her up and flipped out the top layer of the couch, joined it together with the bottom layer and it became a small bed. Then he lightly placed her on the bed.

He quietly watched her sleeping face, maybe from today on, it will start to get bumpy. Not every time will there be a soft bed to sleep peacefully on. Little fellow, are you prepared? Are you prepared to resist the wind and rain together with this king?

Chu Qing-Yan who was sleeping peacefully, wasn't aware that someone stared at her for a very long time. And his gaze never left her.

Having traveled halfway, a gale erupted suddenly, black clouds densely covered the sky. Fire Spirit looked at the darkening color of the horizon, and his heart sunk. This place had no village nor inns. If a halestorm started, they won't even have a place to take shelter from the rain!

As a result everyone hurried, in the evening they just so happened to arrive at the ferry crossing.

The horse carriage stopped and Chu Qing-Yan had also woken up by now. She alone remained in the carriage. She was just about to get up when she saw the thin quilt covering her body. She couldn't help but smile.