Chapter 18

||Adriana's POV||

I neatly set up the pillows that me and Gabe has been lazily laying on for the past day.

"Yes I had so much fun! I would like to come over more." I hear Joaquín's high pitched voice from outside the door.

"Adriana!" Joaquín jumps onto me, nearly making me lose my balance.

"Well you're home a day early, did you miss me?" I tease. putting him to his feet.

"Maybe a little." He giggles before darting pass me.

I thank Ms.Smith for letting Joaquín stay over before meeting him in the kitchen.

"So how was it over there?" I question, continuing to straighten up the living room.

"It was really run, we played on his PS4 all day! It was the best. " He smiles while opening up the fridge.

"You didn't eat breakfast yet?" I raise my arched brow.

"I tried but Ms.Smith isn't the best cook." He shrugs while peeling his orange.

"Why is there a pillow under the TV stand?" Joaquín questions.

Oh, me and Gabriel were making out and it accidentally fell.

"I have no Idea." I decide to lie and place the pillow on the couch.

"Mmm." Joaquín says before grabbing his IPod.
——————————————
The rest of the weekend speeds by faster than usual. At least that's what it feels like.

Gabriel texted me telling me to meet him at his job at 6:00PM for an interview.

I've never had an interview before so I'm extremely nervous.

"Joaquín just read what on the flash cards okay?" I fix my collar, taking a seat.

"Ughhh Adriana do I have to?" He wines.

"Yes, it's important." I practically beg.

He huffs before starting to read.

"Why should we hire you for this job?" He says flatly.

"There are numerous of reasons to why you should hire me, but a few would just be because of my technology skills. I'm very up to date with electronics and I think I could make a huge impact on this company."

"Adriana, can I get back to my school work now, this is boring." He sits the flashcards beside him and crosses his arms.

I want to force him but that wouldn't be fair to him.

"Okay fine, after you finish the reading lesson, get washed up. I will be gone in a little bit but I trust you enough to stay here. " I instruct and he nods.

I go into the bathroom to freshen up.

Checking my teeth to make sure there's no food inside.

Fixing my black pencil skirt and light blue blouse to make sure there's no wrinkles.

I straighten my hair which is something I usually don't do.

I usually wear my hair in its natural state, curly.

But today I wanted to try something new. Well this whole job thing is already new but still, I want to make a good first impression.