30.

All of us made it safely in the jet. Leo and I were almost shot but I guess by now I've gotten used to this entire thing. I looked outside the widow and sipped orange juice. Vegas was so distant and so were DeLuca's men. I let out a sigh and relaxed in my seat.

"Someone tipped us off." Nico said. "I'm so sorry for putting you guys in danger. I should've been more careful."

"It was none of your fault." Emily said, reassuring him with a shoulder rub.

"I agree. Whatever happened, can't be changed. We need to think what to do next." Amy added. "That's the bigger concern."

"We need to lay low for a while." Gigi said. "And find a safe place."

"But where? Mica DeLuca has a reputation to hunt down people from prisions too. He's a beast. If he finds us, we're toast." Alex said.

"Not to interrupt, but who is this Mica DeLuca?" Andrew asked.

"He's a gangster. He's Bianca's brother who is known for his ruthlessness. He has a personal vendetta against us considering we killed his father and sister. He's putting all his resources and with his resources as one of the members of The Council, I think we're nowhere safe in the world."

"What's a council?" I asked, joining the conversation.

"It is the group of the world's most powerful crime families or organizations. There are rumors about who are part of the council. The head is Trinity but most are scattered across the world. I don't know for sure but rumors are that There's a Russian Brotherhood, an association of Latin American Drug Cartels, Yakuzas from Japan and Italian... more specifically Sicilian Mafia families." Amy said.

"The memebrs are The DeLucas from USA, The Yukimura family from Japan, Anti cartel gang from Columbia, Russian Brotherhood and the Morettis of Trinity." Leo said.

Amy's jaw dropped. "Are you saying you're one of the Council heads?"

"In process of being one. Papa has to forfeit his position for me to take over. Although unofficially I am one." Leo replied casually.

"I'm a little lost here, what's this supposed to mean?" I asked. All this crime talk was making my head ache. Or maybe, it was just the drinks I had in Vegas.

"It means you're a mafia princess." Nico added cheekily.

Leo scrunched his face in disgust. It was kinda sad that he did not consider me his princess. Ugh, can't he be romantic for once? I guess Leo's still sour about Samar's arrival.

"It means you're the easiest link. If someone has to reach me all they have to do is get to you and I'd be helpless." He said.

"That's why civillian and gangster relationships seldom work." Alex said. He noticed me and added, "No offence Meg."

He was definately talking about him and Amy. I looked at Amy, she looked crushed.

"None taken."

"So what are we going to do now?" Andrew asked. "Where do we go?"

"We're going to the safest place in the world where DeLucas can't touch us." Leo answered with a smirk.

"And, Where is that dear brother?"

Leo smiled engimatically. "Gabriella I hope your Spanish doesn't suck as much as mine and Nico's. It's a long time since we paid Valeria a visit. I missed her."

Okay, who was this Valeria now? And why was Leo missing her?

Gigi squealed. "I can't believe we're going to Columbia."

"Hold on." Alex said. "Did you confirm with her? It's not like she's the same woman she was before. A lot has changed Leo."

"Of course she knows everything. I've been keeping her updated all the while. She was the one who suggested it."

"You bastard!" Gigi exclaimed. "You've been in touch with her all this while? Why didn't you tell me? I missed her so much."

"Yeah yeah. You and Val have always been close." Nico rolled his eyes. "She has a major soft spot for you."

Now, I was definately curious about this chick. Why was Leo so excited about her?

#

It was night. Everyone else was asleep. I saw Leo at sitting in the adjacent seat, gazing outside the window. I got up and sat next to him.

"Can't sleep huh?" Leo asked.

"I was wondering who is Valeria?"

"She's a very special woman. Perhaps the most important woman in my life. I go to her when I need advice" He said.

I rolled my eye. Of course, asking for a loyal boy was too much. Of course he had other side chicks. Every guy does these days.

"Then what am I, a potato?" I rolled my eye.

Leo smirked. "Do I sense jealousy?"

I hated that smug look on his face. Fine, I was a little jealous. Not that I'm going to admit.

"Hey! You're the jealous one. I'm just curious."

He laughed. He looked so cute while laughing that it was hard to stay angry with him.

"Let's make a deal. If I tell you about Valeria, in return you tell me about Samar." He said.

"Not happenning." I said crossing my arms.

He shrugged. "Suit yourself." He added slyly, "Perhaps my nature of relationship with Valeria would always remain a mystery to you."

With that he slid an eye mask on his eyes. "Good night Meg, sleep well."

I went back to my seat.

Like hell I was going to sleep well. I was thinking of who this Valeria was all night. If she was anything like her name, I bet she'd be stunning. Probably a model with beautiful tanned skin and a sexy accent. Okay, I'm definately a jealous person.

Columbia was still a long way.

#