Book 1 ~ Chapter 19

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

It was a few days since the attack at the pro-bending arena. Due to all the damage, that was cause by Amon and the equalists, they had to close it down for repairs. Which meant that Mako and Bolin had to move out of their apartment. Korra and I immediately made our way there when we heard the news. We went up the ladder, and saw Mako and Bolin packing up there belongings.

"Guys, great news, you don't have to be homeless, I talked it out with Tenzin, and made all the arrangements. You can live in Air Temple Island with Lei and I," Korra smiled.

She really wanted to do something nice for the boys, and when I mean 'boys' she actually means Mako. Korra tries to hide it but I know she still likes Mako.

"We'd love to but—," Mako got cut off.

"Asami already invited us to live in her mansion!" Bolin said excitedly.

I looked at Korra, and she had a sad expression on her face.

"It's gonna be the life of luxury for us," Bolin exhaled.

"Hey Korra! Hey Lei! We're going to the mansion, wanna come," Asami asked, as she stepped down the ladder.

"It's alright, we were just leaving anyway," Korra started. "So, I'll see you guys later,"

Mako looked at me, as if he was asking me what was up with Korra, I replied to him by raising both my shoulders. I made my way to Korra, as she was about to go down the stairs.

"What about tomorrow? I'll love for you to see the estate," Asami said.

"I don't know, I have some Avatar stuff to do," Korra said. I raised my eyebrow.

"We'll be there, Asami," I said, and Korra turned to me.

"Great, see you tomorrow," Asami smiled.

Before, Korra and I made our way out of the pro bending arena, she hit my shoulder for going to the mansion. We made our way to the police station, when we heard that Cabbage Corp. was being shut down for illegal selling of equalist gloves. When we arrived, we made our way into the station.

"Hey Korra," a familiar voice said gloomily.

I turned in the direction of the voice, and saw Tahno, but he didn't look so good. He had dark circles under his eyes, looks like he hasn't been able to sleep for a while. I remember seeing how Amon took away his bending.

"Tahno?" Korra said in disbelief. Korra sat beside him and I stood in front of him.

"Look, I know that we aren't exactly best friends, but I'm sorry Amon took your bending," Korra said softly.

"I've been through every healer in the city, whatever Amon did to me, it's permanent," Tahno said.

"You gotta get him for me," Tahno said. Korra nodded in response, he glanced at me, and I did the same.

"Mr. Sato, if you remember seeing anything regarding Amon's attack, let us know," Chief Beifong said, as she made her way to us, with Tenzin and Mr. Sato.

"I want these equalists to pay for what they've done," Mr. Sato said, and left the room.

Tenzin and Chief Beifong turned to Tahno.

"We're ready for you now," Tenzin said, as he and Chief Beifong made their way into the office.

Tahno stood up, and turned to Korra.

"See you later, Avatar," Tahno said, then he turned to me. "You too, Flame Princess,"

Tahno said before following Tenzin and Chief Beifong into the office. Korra and I exchanged sad looks, for Tahno.

Korra and I decided to head to Sato Mansion, well more like I decided to go there for us. Korra didn't like the fact that Asami and Mako was dating, and she was making that way too obvious. They're still her friends, she needs to remember that. We arrived in Sato Mansion, and to be honest, I'm glad to see another beautiful place besides the Fire Nation and Republic City. The butler let us in, and led us to a huge door. The door opened revealing and indoor swimming pool, just in time to see Bolin do an 'earthbending bomb'

"Avatar Korra and Princess Lei has arrived," the butler said.

"Hey Korra, Hey Lei," Mako said, half of his body was under the water.

"Glad you could make it, guys," Asami said, she sat at the edge of the pool, right next to Mako.

"Welcome to paradise," Bolin said as he emerged from the water.

"Looks like you guys settled right in," Korra said, she had a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"Pretty much, except for the fact that someone forgot to ask her father about it," Mako said as he looked at Asami.

"Yeah, I smoothed it over to him, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission," Asami said, I laughed.

"I used to use that method all the time with Lord Zuko," I said. The thought of family made me miss the Fire Nation.

Bolin came out of the water excitedly, and came up to Korra and I.

"This is the greatest place in the world! Watch this!" Bolin said, as he looked at the butler and clapped his hands twice.

"Fetch me my towel, good sir," Bolin said.

"Yes, Master Bolin," the butler said, and held out the towel with both his hands to Bolin.

"Master Bolin! HA! I love this guy," Bolin chuckled.

"Now pat me dry," Bolin added, as he extended his arms.

"As you wish," the butler said, and really quickly dried Bolin off in less than a minute.

Once Bolin was done drying off, he suddenly jumped back in the water causing a big splash. Asami swam up to us.

"So, what do you have planned for us today? Shopping? Makeovers?" Korra asked uninterested. I wasn't much of a shopping person, in truth.

"Oh! I vote makeovers!" Bolin said before being pushed down into water playfully by Mako.

Asami got out of the water and turned to us.

"I have something a little more exciting in mind,"

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 8, 2019