Chapter 21 - Dance

Ares Collin

I leaned my body to my car waiting for Rosie to come down. My thoughts were on Josh's words this morning after I told him that I can't give up on Rosie just yet. He warned me that I could drain myself in the future. We have an important project in 2 weeks and he wanted me to focus instead of worrying about Rosie.

"So are we going to stand here all night long?" I looked up to see Ro.. shit. My eyes were glued to her and I stood up straight immediately.

"Where are we going?" She asked and I just gestured her to get inside

"Where are we going?" She asked and I just gestured her to get inside. She got in and when I walked towards the driver side, I blinked a few times to.. make sure that this is real.

I got inside the car and looked at Rosie once again. She looked at me confuse and she even clapped her hands in front of me.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"No.. are you okay?" I asked her back.

"What?"

"You seem.. nice." I said in a careful tone.

"Just drive.. where are we going?" She asked and I started the car.

"One of my favorite restaurant." I said.

"Is it your birthday or is today a speci-"

"Nope, just want to cheer you up." I simply said and I started to drive. I turned on my radio and they played Ed Sheeran's Perfect.

"I hate this song." Rosie commented and I chuckled.

"Well.. I love this song." I said and startes to sing along.

"He's a slave of love." Rosie commented and I chuckled.

"He is.. and he's happy so.. that's why he can make this kind of song." I said.

"Do you believe in love? I think you will be a slave of it one day." Rosie said and I stopped my car when I saw a red light. I turned to her and I nodded.

"I believe in love. I've been trying to find the one for a long long time but I guess it's still not my luck."

"You'll find her." That surprised me to hear her saying that.

"Do you think so?" I asked as I looked at her face. She looked really beautiful tonight and I can't deny that. She wore a short white dress showing her cleavage with a black leather jacket. She has her hair half-up too and what sucks is that..

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

The lyrics really reflects what I'm looking at now. I'm in deep shit.

"Yeah." She answered and I turned back looking straight to the streets. I drove again when the red light turned green.

I kept driving towards the restaurant with so many thoughts inside my head. This is why I hate talking to Josh, sometimes he predicts things perfectly.

"Ares."

"Hmm?" I answered as I tried to park my car.

"What will.. you do after our 12 weeks end?" She asked and I turned to her immediately. She was looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"What will I do? I don't know.. maybe live my life like usual. We'll still be hanging out like usual.." I answered as finished parking my car.

"Okay." She said and then I opened the car door. I got out and waited for her to get out. I locked the car and walked towards the lift. I pressed the button and we stood side by side.

We walked into the lift together and I pressed the R button for the rooftop. This restaurant is a really special place to me. I will eat here every birthday with my family. It brings a lot of memories actually. This is the first time, I'm bringing someone else other than my family here so.. this is a really big deal to me.

"Mr. Collin, what a surprise. It's been a long time since you've come here. Girlfriend?" Roy asked. Roy is one of the managers here and he happened to wait on the lift.

"Hey Roy, yes it's been a long time. This is my friend, Rosie. Rosie, this is Roy, he's one of the managers here." I introduced them and Rosie smiled politely.

"Enjoy.." Roy said before getting into the lift. I walked towards the entrance and gave my name to the staff so she can lead us to our table. I booked a table near the balcony so we can see the beautiful scenery of New York.

"You okay?" I asked Rosie as we walked inside. She kept looking around and I want to make sure that she feels comfortable. We sat down and her eyes glued on the beautiful view.

"You often come here?" She asked.

"Every birthday with my family. My parents love to go slow dancing there." There's a jazz band in the middle of the restaurant and there's a lot of couple slow dancing there.

"Here are the menu, sir and maam." The waiter came and gave us the menu. We both looked at one each and I always go for the wagyu steak and not to forgot the wine. I ordered first and Rosie ended ordering the same thing as mine.

"This view is.. really beautiful." She said and I couldn't agree more.

"Thankyou for bringing me here." I turned to her and she smiled genuinely to me. I really didn't expect her to be nice to me tonight but I'm so glad that she did. I rested my head on my hand intertwining together looking at her.

"You look really beautiful tonight, Rosie." I said and that just came out from my mouth.

"Thankyou." She smiled again and that second.. I heard my heart beating more faster than usual. I leaned back to my seat and turned my attention to the people dancing in the middle of the room.

"Do you want to dance?" I turned to Rosie and she raised her eyebrows looking at me. She took off her leather jacket and waiting for my answer.

"Yeah sure."