Chapter 22 - Welcome

Ares Collin

Me and Rosie walked towards the dance floor and when we arrived there, we stood facing each other. I put my hand in front of her and she took it. She put her right hand on my left hand. I slowly slipped my arm to her waist and she put her other hand on my chest. We looked at each other and she started the first step.

"I was going back from school when I found out that my mom passed away." She started and I was expecting that she will try to open up to me.

"My brother called me to come to the hospital quickly and of course I rushed to the hospital as quickly as I can." She started to choke a little bit.

"When I got there.. she's already dead."

"I'm sorry." I said and she sighed.

"I wasn't ready to let her go at that time. She was supposed to send me off to London to pursue my degree but I was the one who send her off." I patted her back lightly and she closed her eyes trying to hold back her tears.

"My life changed ever since.. she promised a lot of things but she can't even keep it. That was my breakdown point."

"I started to shut people out from my life because I don't want to experience the same lost again. It's like suddenly I hated everyone. I locked myself in my room for 2 weeks crying non-stop hoping that my mom will comeback but.. she didn't."

"When she's gone, I felt like half of my soul went away with her. I thought about commiting suicide a few times but I always failed." My heart crunched hearing that.

"My dad and brother were so concerned about me. They always try to be there 24 hours but that didn't make me any better. I still miss my mom and I still can't accept that she's not there anymore." She said choking a few times but she managed not to cry. She's a really strong girl and I know that.

"It's okay to cry, it's okay to be mad and it's okay to be lonely sometimes but it's been 7 years, Rosie. Don't you want to move on?" I asked and she looked up to me.

"I.. I don't. I don't want people to come and go in my life. I can't handle that." She said truthfully.

"I won't. I won't go away from your life." I said and she laughed dryly.

"As much as I want to believe that.. I can't." She said and she let my hands go. She was going to go back but I stopped her.

I took out her necklace that I kept all this time. She gasped looking at it and I put it on her neck. She looked at it and I smiled.

"Your mom must be so happy and proud to have a daughter like you. You're beautiful, smart and kind at heart even though sometimes you're cold like ice. She knows how you feel inside and out and she's still here in your heart." I said as I pointed at her heart.

"Moving on doesn't mean forgetting about your mom or erasing her from your memory. Moving on means moving fowards with that memory but with a new start. I don't know the old Rosie but I know she's still there. You deserve to be happy, Rosie. I might not guarantee that the world will always give you a beautiful road but you have people who loves you and will always have your back." I said sincerely and she looked up to me.

"Your brother and your dad always want you to change and get the happiness that you deserve. They love you so much that they want what's best for you."

"How about you?" She asked and I smiled.

"Would I be standing here in front of you still being patience if I don't want you to be happy?" I asked and she chuckled. That was the first time after meeting her that she gave me a big smile.. a genuine smile.

"Are you sure that you're going to give this to me? I might run away and not see you again after this."

"I bet you can do that but I know you're more than that, Rosie."

"Thanks.. for giving me this back. It means a lot." She said and I saw that the waiter already bring us our food.

"Let's eat." I said as I put my hand in front of her. She took it and we walked to the table back together.

"Will I get the cold Rosie again tomorrow?" I asked jokingly and she glared at me.

"Shit.. okay.. I was joking." I said and she smiled in a split second.

"Carrie told me to be nice to you."

"Wow.. I think I need to thank Carrie next time." I said.

"I have a question.." I said remembering about the night that we met.

"On the day that we met, why did you come with your brother's check?" I asked and she raised her eyebrows before taking her knife and fork.

"How did you know?"

"I asked the bartender about you since you didn't want to give me your name."

"He gave me that check to have fun since it's my birthday." She said as she cut the steak.

"Wow.. what a good brother." I said sarcasticly.

"He kinda is.. he asked me to get laid."

"And you really did."

"Thanks to you." She smiled and I looked at her flatly.

"You're welcome." I said in a sarcastic tone.