forty.

+ london +

+ london +

1981

My shoes clapped along the sidewalk, my hands pushed in the pockets of my trench coat and my hair tightly curled, a stick of gum in my mouth as I chewed it. It felt weird to be back in London after so long, the scene changing due the amount of years that had past.I was told it was likely I would have a run in with an opposing agent, but the gun resting against my hip, gave me some security.

London was different to how it was forty years ago, and I hadn't been here since I was Allison and it struck bad memories.

I kissed Bucky for the first time here, I would spent numerous nights in the bar with the commandos, laughing and drinking until early hours of the morning. I doubt the old compound was where it used to be, but my only job was to kill the scientist who had harvested a limited amount of power from the tesseract before it went missing. HYDRA was small now, and the power we had harvested from the tesseract couldn't be countered. The Winter Soldier was the most powerful weapon we had, but he was kept under Cyro- Freeze until he was needed, usually leaving all the good missions for myself.

I walked along the street, cars with blaring music speeding past me up and down the road, people piled into them which was definitely illegal. I threw my long brown hair over my shoulder, my large earrings hitting against my neck as I whistled a quiet tune, a large group of boys walking past me as they all looked my up and down, shooting my a whistle as I smiled back at them. 

"Can you point me in the direction of the tube station?" I asked them, my British accent a little rusty as i cleared my throat. "Straight ahead, then take two rights, darling" one said to me, his london accent thick as he smirked at me, winking quickly. "Thanks" I replied, winking before turning back around, shoving my hands in the pockets of my leather jacket.

I followed the hustle and bustle down the stairs into the underground station, standing on the humid platform still whistling lightly. The platform was littered with business men in suits and teenagers with big hair and bright clothes.

The train pulled up, the doors opening and people spilling onto the train, either dashing for a seat or hanging onto the railing. I stood still, reaching above my head to grab the railing, the train moving so quickly that people wobble on their feet. I looked up and down the train, multiple people reading the latest news papers. The train came to a stop as I made my way to the door, skipping out of the train and climbing back up onto the busy streets.

I took a look left and right, deciding to cross the street, avoiding being hit by an angry man on a moped. I stood in a doorway to an apartment building, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed. My eyes were peeled for my target, needing to watch him come out from the station, following him home before assassinating him.

I pulled another stick of gum out of my pocket, shoving it into my mouth and chewing it slowly. I furrowed my eyebrows at a man in a suit that climbed out of the lead to the underground. He had a black briefcase at his side, a brown coat on, walking in the direction of his house. I pushed myself off of the wall, walking along the street the same way as him.