6.7

•- Austin Wood -•

I rest my hand gently on Laine's shoulder as her body moves upwards with each stable breath.

My lips connect to the soft feel of her Hawaii tanned skin and the heat radiating off her body send a wave of satisfaction and love through my body.

"Lainey, wake up," I whisper in here ear softly.

Her body stirs gently and her petite nose crinkles agt the noise that was probably now inhabiting her dreams.

I lower my body onto the bed and hover myself over her small frame. I was always the type of guy who hated when someone slept beside me, or in my bed, but Laine made it seem like it was natural, and the sight, no matter how many times it will happen, would only warm every inch of my body. Love was a terrifying thing, and watching her sleep had become a favorite past time. There would be nights in Hawaii when I would wake up suddenly, and the only way I could find myself back to bed would be the soft sound of her breathing as she lay beside me.

"Baby," I whisper closer to her ear than the last time, "If you don't wake up now, you'll never get to work on time."

Her sweet body turns and her eyes flutter open softly. "I know, I know," she sighs, "My boss is an ass anyways. Maybe I should just quit," her shoulders shrug.

I smile down at her and carelessly press my lips to her own. "Now, what good would that do?" I ask as her hands wrap around my neck securely. I feel her legs slowly lift, and within time, her legs were secure around me like a koala.

"Well you see, Austin, if I were to quit working at Wood Enterprise, I might actually be able to hold hands with my boyfriend in public, and be able to kiss him."

I knew this relationship was perfect to both of us, and I was beyond sure that staying in the shadows would become detrimental to any sort of relationship we could possibly have, but a lot was on the table for both of us. From the moment I meant Lainey, my entire opinion on my reputation had changed and I couldn't care what the world thought of me and my sexual endeavors, but after her father's actions were brought into the limelight of New York, I knew better than to parade around with her on my arm no matter how badly I desired for her to be able to do so.

"I know," I atrtempt to sound reassuring but I was sure I sounded nothing of the sorts, "I love you, Lainey. Nothing in this world could ever change that, but I don't want there to be a reason for you to be attacked for loving a man like me. I want to kiss you every morning, and hug you at lunch, I want to ask how your day was without making it seem like something is going on between us, because there is and last night we took a step in the right direction. And tonight, when we go see my parents, we can really warm up to the idea of a public relationship, but please, be patient with me. I've never done this before, Lainey. I don't fall in love, and I don't like when someone invades my space, but my damn I want you around me every waking second and I love you so much."

I knew my words sounded that of desperation, but in an attempt to keep our relationship under wraps, I needed to remind her of what we were doing.

She nods her head and slowlwy pushes her body against mine. I fall to my shins and she remainsa round my body like akoala on a tree limb. "Austin, you sweet, sweet, man, I love you and unfortunately, I'm willing to wait as long as we both need. If my nae ends up in the magazines again, it could draw more attention to my father and the last thing anyone needs is for him to show up to New York ready to take Thea and I away like we're really his children I digress."

I press my lips to hers softly, and as our lips combine together, I feel truly at ease.

•- Laine Bennett -•