032 || baby

•••

•••

"CLINT" I screamed, staring at the puddle by my feet in horror.

We currently had a full house, Dalia had agreed to stay with us during my last month of pregnancy just in case Clint was called away on business, so Lewis was popping in and out. Nat was also over as the duo had just come back from a mission.
I heard footsteps thundering towards me, before the door swung open so violently that one of the hinges cracked.
"What's wrong?" He asked anxiously, panic clear on his face.
I turned around slowly, my hands trembling.
"I think my waters just broke"

"CODE BABY I REPEAT CODE BABY" Clint yelled, grabbing the hospital bag that was sat at the end of our bed.
"CODE BABY!" Nat shouted from downstairs, confirming she had heard Clint.
"FUCKING FINALLY" Dalia cried, rushing up the stairs.
I laughed at everyone's panic, still frozen to the spot.
"I'm going to put the bags in the car and I'll be right back up" Clint said hurriedly, pressing a long hard kiss to my cheek, "I love you"
I nodded, Dalia trading places with Clint.
"Thai is happening oh my god" she squealed, pulling me into a hug, "we need to change your clothes, okay bathroom. Go, go, go! Code Baby is no joke!"
"Yes sir!" I saluted, walking into the bathroom, grabbing the clothes that Dalia threw at me, before closing the door.
As I struggled with my clothes I could hear Clint in the garden, still screaming 'CODE BABY! IM GONNA BE A DAD!' 

Finally managing to change, I waddled back out to where Dalia was anxiously waiting, accepting her help as I made my way down the stairs.
"Not long now" Nat grinned, pulling me into a quick hug, before both girls helped me out of the door and into the car.
"Did you lock the door?" I asked Nat anxiously, as I tried deeply breathing through a current contraction.
"Yes. Go Clint! Go!" She demanded, hopping into the backseat.

Clint sped off (at a safe speed) towards the hospital, my contractions getting worse by the minute.
"You've got this Grace. Just breathe" Dalia soothed, rubbing comforting circles on my shoulder.
"Make this baby your bitch!" Nat added enthusiastically "you've survived attacks by terrorist groups - this is nothing"
"Thanks" I wheezed, holding my stomach as I tried to steady my breaths.
"You've got this darlin'" Clint reassured as he pulled up outside of the hospital, leaping out of the drivers side to come and help me out of the car.
Dalia grabbed the bag whilst Nat hovered nervously, checking on me every few minutes.

•••

"Get this bloody baby out of me" I wept, holding Clint's hand in a death grip.
"You're not quite ready to push yet, it should hopefully only be a few more minutes" one of the midwives said, patting my arm supportingly.
I let out a groan, my head collapsing back onto my pillow.
"You're doing great Grace" Clint soothed, stroking my hair to calm me down.
"Where's Nat?" I asked, not seeing the assassin in the room.
"She has to step outside" Clint chuckled "she couldn't handle you being in this much pain - Dalia's with her"
"Anyone would think she's the one having a ba-"

I was cut off by another contraction, this one making me yell in pain.
"OH MY JESUS. CLINT BARTON I AM NEVER HAVING SEX WITH YOU AGAIN!"
"You don't mean that honey" he chuckled
"Don't honey me! You think it's funny? How would you like to be pushing a baby out of your ass Clint?" I asked angrily "it's NOT FUN!"
"I know, I know, I'm sorry" he said, trying very hard to hide his laugh.
"Screw you" I groaned as another contraction ripped through my stomach "I think I need to push"
"Wait let me get a nurse-"
"Clint!" I exclaimed, the pain getting worse "it really hurts"
I leant my head back as I started to cry from the pain.
"NURSE" he yelled, looking at my face worriedly as a nurse came rushing in "she says she needs to push"

The midwife quickly checked under the sheet, nodding in response. She quickly brought another nurse in, and they swiftly worked together to get me ready to deliver.
"Okay push on the next contraction, okay?"
"Okay" I breathed, Clint kissing my forehead.
"Push!"

•••

"He's so tiny" Clint cooed, looking down at our son as he nuzzled into my chest.
I was exhausted, mentally and physically, but it all seemed to melt away when I looked at our baby.
"Do you wanna Tell Nat and Dalia to come in now?" I asked, smiling fondly up at Clint.
"Okay" he nodded, leaving the room to find his friend.

"Hey there bud" I whispered, a few happy tears leaking from my eyes "Welcome to the world"