Chapter 16 - Abomination

Stiles and I have been at the auto shop that the tow truck took us to for about two hours. The mechanic is currently all up under the Jeep's engine however he is taking forever for a simple part replacement.

Finally having enough, Stiles opens the door of the waiting area and begins shouting towards the guy "Hey! Hey? Wh– what do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter..."

The door slowly closes, effectively leaving me out of the rest of the conversation between the two.

Movement out of my periph through the window has me jerking my head to the side, my eyes moving around trying to figure out what I saw.

I cross my arms over my chest and walk over to kneel on a chair to closer examine the body shop on the other side, seeing absolutely nothing I drop my leg from the chair and walk past the other chairs.

Heading for the door, I open it slightly before pushing it open farther. Slimy goo gets all over my hand and I close my mind off to whatever it could be a slug claimed the door– that's all it could be

Grimacing from the gag inducing texture, I rub my hand on a cloth I find on a cart just outside the door.

Once I get it cleared, I look up and see Stiles making his way back over to me. If he were a cartoon I'd imagine steam to be billowing from his ears for how angry he looks.

He reaches forward grabbing the handle of the door, not fully hearing my warning "Sty, wait–"

Pulling his hand away from the door he looks from me and his hand as he immediately pulls it away from the handle with a grimace "Oh, nice– that's real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here." He shouts the last bit over his shoulder towards the mechanic.

I chuckle softly and reach forward to hand him the cloth's corner I didn't use "Here"

Stiles grabs it from me muttering "thanks" and we walk back in the waiting room. He stops and leans forward examining a picture on the wall "Figures" he adds on a scoff and walks over to stand in front of the window.

My arm feels like when you lay on it for too long and it falls asleep, and I try shaking it out to wake it up as I follow his line of sight "Big douche energy out there?" I shake my head towards the lacrosse picture on the wall because why wouldn't your picture of your glory days be in the waiting area of your place of work?

He snorts and grabs his phone out of his pocket "The biggest, I'm gonna see if my dad can come get us– I'll probably have to come back in the morning."

I open my mouth to reply, however I come up short as my entire body now feels like it's falling asleep and my legs give out before I can give much thought to it.

I collapse flat on my back on the ground with a grunt paralyzed– well this is new

I hear something clatter to the ground next to my head a few seconds later. Moving my eyes since I am unable to move anything from my neck down I see Stiles holding his shaky hands out in front of him "Stiles–" I try to gain his attention but he's looking out the window into the body shop now "Uh– Addy do you see that?"

"Not so much–" I attempt to answer but his shouting cuts me off "Hey. Hey! Hey!"

He starts to lean to his side and he lets out a grunt before he collapses onto his forearms on the ground to my left.