Chapter 18 - Frenemy

Allison took a very silent, upset Lydia home while Scott and I hopped in Stiles' jeep to follow Derek who took off running after the Kanima or well Jackson actually

Stiles rounds the corner heading down a road that leads us to under the overpass bridges in the more industrial part of downtown.

I'm sitting in the backseat, though I'm leaning forward slightly in between the seats to not miss any of the action.

Seeing spikes laid out across the road and a closed chain link fence behind them I tap Stiles' shoulder and he slams on the brakes, also seeing our obstacle course.

We all lean forward with the momentum of the brakes being pressed, Stiles throwing his hand towards the window as he turns towards the passenger seat "Shit, what do we do now?"

I follow his eyes to where Scott was– however we are met with the closing of the passenger door.

We share a look before I move my eyes to look out the windshield again and watch as Scott jumps over the chain link fence and takes off running.

Stiles lifts one hand from the wheel towards the windshield "What the fuck plan is that?" the adrenaline driven kind

I make a noise of agreement as I climb over into the front and get settled in the seat "Scott thinking on his feet."

Stiles waits for me to get buckled in before he throws the jeep into gear. He sets his hand on the seat behind me to turn around as he reverses and swings the jeep back around to go up the road we came down.

"Scott ran under the bridge, lets go this way." I point to the right and see him nod before looking left and making the turn once it's clear of any cars.

Once we get on the main road I see Scott come running out of an alley and I follow him with my eyes "Wait stop stop stop, there's Scott."

Stiles pulls over, parking across the street and down a few blocks from a line of people waiting to go into the 'Jungle' club.

We get out of the jeep and walk across the street, coming up behind Scott who is leaning around the corner of a building, I tap him on the shoulder and he jumps out of his skin "Holy shit."

I raise my hands out towards him "Christ– sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?"

Scott shakes his head and looks back around the corner "I lost him."

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles implores and looks around us, Scott not looking at us as he shakes his head again "I don't think he has one."

I set my hands on my hips and look around the corner as well "All right, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone." Scott turns around and deadpans like I'm an idiot I'd be lost without your input big bro

Stiles raises his brows and tilts his head to the side "Ah. That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that. Good. Makes perfect sense now."

I smirk at his quick wit, however, Scott doesn't look as appreciative for the humor based on the eye roll so big it makes his head follow suit as he glares over his shoulder at us.

Stiles jerks his head back slightly "What? Scott, come on. I'm one hundred and forty seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

Scott shakes his head and stresses "Just help me find it."

"Not 'it' Jackson," I observe when he flicks his eyes to me and nods looking down "Yeah, I know. I– I know."