033 || cooper

•••

•••

"What's his name?" Nat asked as she peered over Dalia's shoulder, her eyes locking on to the squirming newborn.
They had just finished having a (very polite) argument over who gets to hold him first, Dalia winning when she whipped out the 'im the godmother' card.
I looked up at Clint, giving him a soft nod.
"Cooper" he grinned, his hand intertwining with mine.

"Cooper the trooper" Dalia snickered, waving around the finger that he had grabbed onto "Oh we're gonna have a lot of fun little man"
Nat smiled, her smile widening into a grin as Dalia passed Cooper over to her.
"I've never seen her look this happy" Clint whispered in my ear, his voice full of serenity.
"Neither have I" I responded quietly, watching the three closely.
"He's beautiful" Nat breathed, her little finger gently brushing over his nose.
"Of course he is, he's my godson. Any godchild of mine has the looks of a king or queen" Dalia boasted jovially, strutting slightly.
"He has Clint's eyes," I mused "and his mouth. His chin looks quite like Clint's too"
"At least he has your nose" Clint laughed, poking it.
I waved him off, pulling him into a side hug.

My labour had gone pretty well, and the amount of pain I was in was probably because Cooper was a thicc ass baby. It took around an hour of pushing (and a lot of swearing at Clint) before Cooper was born.
Now, however, I was exhausted.

Cooper started to fuss as the nurse reentered the room.
"I think you should try and breastfeed him now" she said, smiling as Natasha passed Cooper back to me.
"Okay" I nodded, before looking over to Dalia and Nat, "we're all friends here"
I whipped out my boob, placing Cooper so he could reach, before grinning at Clint as he latched on.

"Oh come on Nat, it's not a big deal. It's just a boob"
"But I haven't seen her boobs before -"
"I've seen them plenty of times!"
"What?"
"I mean we've been friends forever so you gotta see them at some point" she shrugged.
Nat looked at Dalia suspiciously and I just shook my head humorously.
"Not to ruin the moment but this feels hella weird" I laughed, looking down at Cooper.
"I'm not surprised" Clint replied "he looks like he's sucking the life out of you"

•••

"WHERES MY GODSON"
"Oh shit here he comes" I grinned, shifting so I was sitting upright in the bed, Cooper nesting in the crook of my arm.
"Grace please tell me you didn't -"
"Sup Thundernuts" I greeted as Nick stormed into the room.
His gaze softened when he saw the baby in my arms.
"Is that him?" He asked in a hushed voice
"Yes sir" I grinned "Clint can you pass him"
Clint nodded, picking him up carefully, as if he was scared he would break in two. Nick held him just as carefully, slightly rocking him back and forth.
"Hey there Fury Jr" he hummed
"Woah hang on there" I chuckled "When did that happen"
He ignored me completely, continuing to dote on the baby.

Nat snickered, leaning over to whisper in my ear, "he's gonna steal your baby at this rate"
"I don't think Clint would like that" I replied, a smirk on my face, "give it a few weeks of non-stop crying and diaper changes and he might change his mind"

Clint perched on the side of the hospital bed, brushing some stray hairs out of my face.
"You did good"
"We did good"
"Is it too soon to say I want another?"
"Clint my vagina is still sore as fuck and you want me to get pregnant again?"
"Yes?"
"I love your enthusiasm, but I think I may rip open if anything else goes anywhere near my nether regions in the next few weeks"
"Okay" he laughed, leaning in and kissing me, nipping at my bottom lip.

We were interrupted by a box of tissues being launched at us by Dalai.
"Not infront of the baby!"
"Sorry"

After an hour, we managed to pry Cooper away from Nick.
"You like him?" I asked, a soft smile on my face as I peered down to the baby who was now resting asleep on my chest, nuzzled into the crook of my neck. Clint and the girls had gone to get food, leaving me with Nick.
"He's gorgeous" he smiled "Thanks for making me the godfather"
"Of course! Who better to be his godfather than our very own resident bad ass good guy?"
Nick scoffed, his eye trained on Cooper's back.
"Don't expect me to talk like this around Natasha, she'd never let me hear the end of it"
"Yes sir!" I giggled, giving a mock salute.