1.

"Shit, shit, shit," Mia cursed, wincing painfully after stubbing her little toe on the chair that was by the desk in her room.

Suddenly it didn't seem like such as great idea having a chair in your room, or for that matter anything that could become a painful obstacle whilst you're trying to get ready for work.

Usually Mia never had to rush about. No. She was always on time, with her unbreakable schedule and routine. Everything was done according to a time, so that she could leave the flat, catch the right train, and always be in the office at least fifteen minutes before the start time,

The idea of being late was rather anxiety-inducing to Mia, one which she'd rather not go through.

It wasn't really something anyone else in the office cared about. Of course if it was an hour past the usual start time, then you'd be questioned if you're not at your desk. In case you were in some kind of accident.

However, Mia was the kind that took punctuality very seriously, and did not want to break her pristine record - which only she really kept track of. Well maybe except for one other person.

Swiftly kicking the chair that she felt attacked her little toe, Mia went to grab her coat that she'd thrown on top of it the night before.

Getting ready in the early mornings was never an easy process. To solve that, Mia would keep her outfits ready beforehand - mostly because she didn't want to wear the same thing for consecutive days.

Mia quickly went to her dresser, grabbing the earrings that were on top it and putting them on, as well the two rings she liked to wear.

Running her fingers through her hair, she looked in the mirror and deemed it okay enough. She'd found there benefit in having the curly mess of hair, since it saved time on doing anything to it. Of course if she was trying to look nice, she'd use a curler and making it 'pretty-curly', but for a work day, normal was suitable enough.

She the grabbed her bag, darting out of her room and then into the living room.

Apparently both her flatmates were asleep, or it was more likely that one of them was out on a run and the other was still sleeping. Yeah, that was the more likely scenario.

Usually, Mia would wake her flatmate Nicole up, but right now she didn't have that kind of time, since waking her up took forever.

Rushing through the living room, Mia tried to be careful not to stub her toe on anything else until she reached the hallway.

"Shoes," she muttered, remembering her lack of footwear.

Mia grabbed her pair of trainers, putting them on quickly and tucking in the laces inside. She figured she could just tie them on the train, hoping they wouldn't come loose and she didn't trip on her way.

Heels weren't exactly the most comfortable pairs of shoes as it was, and then to be sprinting to work during rush hour was a nightmare in itself. She'd rather not be wearing shoes during that.

Mia always wore a more comfortable pair of footwear on her way to and from work, and then just changed at her desk - mostly to keep up with appearances.

The top executives wouldn't exactly be too pleased if she were roaming around wearing trainers in their pristine building. They'd probably give her a hard frown that would cause a permanent wrinkle on their faces.

One final look the mirror, Mia nodded, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose and then darted out the flat bolting off in the direction of the train station before she missed the train to work which would get her there on time.