2.

Rushing out of the lift, Mia tried not to focus on who she'd shared that ride up with, and instead tried to focus her mind on the time instead.

She quickly ran through the lobby of the floor, giving the receptionist a rushed greeting and an apology for being so hasty.

Mia could hear their laughter as she ran through. She knew that she was probably an odd sight to them. Or probably more of a blur.

She could practically hear her inner voice telling her 'nobody cares about the damn lateness,' but she did. That was enough for her to hasten her steps.

Tapping her card on the first electronic door, Mia let herself into the main office floor and she then tapped it on the next door, which was her office space.

She'd rushed into the office like a tornado, it was quite a big and dramatic entrance and it caused all eyes to be on her.

In that moment, she was lucky she didn't break the glass door during her rather forced entry.

Mia let out a little nervous chuckle. "Sorry," she smiled, and everyone shook their head in amusement and then looked back to their own screens.
Glancing at her watch, Mia looked at the time and found it to be exactly 9am, and she just smiled to herself triumphantly.

'Made it,' she thought herself proudly.

It was still a win. She wasn't exactly late.

Closing the door gently, Mia began to walk to her desk only to see the seat was currently occupied with Harry sitting there, playing with her little desk game.

As a secret Santa present, one of her colleagues had given her a little miniature bowling game that she could keep at her desk.

Clearly Harry was enjoying it enough, since he hadn't even realised Mia's presence until she cleared her throat.

"Mia, dear," Harry grinned at her and then glanced down at his own watch. "You made it just in time," he mentioned.

There was something about Harry that always just made him seem like Santa. Jolly and cheerful a lot of the time. He didn't exactly have the Santa-beard, but instead a white moustache. His hair, that used to be a lot more fuller, was also receding, and as frosted as his moustache. Like Mia, he too wore glasses, but with more of a thinner frame.

"Still have my record intact," Mia grinned at him, like a child awaiting a gold star.

The whole 'never being late' was a running joke between them. He was the only other person that knew about it. Harry was convinced that one of these days she'd break it but to his surprise she was still going strong.

Harry moved out of the seat, for Mia to then place her coat and her scarf.

As she began to take her things out of her bag, Harry noticed something when she moved her hair behind her ear.

"It seems you're missing an earring," he pointed out, looking towards Mia's left ear, which was now missing an earring.

Mia frowned, reaching up to check her right ear lobe for an earring and found she still hand one on there. However, upon checking her left one, she realising it wasn't there.

She remembered that she did put them on. It was right on the dresser, with her rings. However, then remembered how she was practically a walking storm earlier and must've knocked it off the dresser.

Giving a small shrug, Mia took the remaining earring off. "I probably forgot to put the other one on, in the rush I was in this morning," she laughed to herself.

She slipped her lonely earring into her coat pocket, making a mental note to look for the other when she got home tonight.

Harry laughed at her words, finding her clumsiness quite adorable.