010. Bets

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI WOKE THE next morning to giggling and poking. Tony had obviously told the Barton children she was here. She would normally be angry but she knew she could be at the children who hadn't seen her in a while. She stirred before opening her eyes and sitting up. Almost immediately she was tackled back down into a hug.

"Aunt Gem." Lila greeted still hugging the woman. Cooper smiled at her after pulling away. They smiled at her happily. "We're happy you're here."

She nodded. "Happy to know you're happy I'm here." She replied as Dixon stirred, opening his eyes before jumping up at the sight of the two people that loved him the most, after Gemini herself of course. They looked at Gemini for permission before she nodded, the three of them running out towards the garden. That made Gemini smile. She was happy that was how she was woken up.

She sighed, letting out a loud puff, blowing the bushy hair out of her face. She made her way towards the mirror and chuckled at her hair. She found it funny that every morning, without fail, her hair would look like she had been dragged into a wind turbine before being dragged through a hedge. That was the only problem with having bushy hair, it was a pain to deal with.

Throwing on an oversized hoodie and a pair of sweatpants, knowing she probably wouldn't be leaving the house unless of emergencies, she made her way into the living room to do the one thing she loved. 

Eat.

Tony stared in shock at the oblivion of the rest of the Avengers as Gemini sat at the end of the table eating her breakfast, mindlessly scrolling through her phone. She didn't seem entirely bothered that the Avengers hadn't noticed her. 

However, Natasha was the first to realise the new presence along with Clint as they stared at her, both in shock and confusion. She only smiled and mouthed, 'Later' to them. They nodded deciding not to push it.

Pietro then threw something at his younger twin just before they broke out into an argument. Gemini smiled when she realised they were speaking in Russian. She understood what they were saying but was honestly not paying attention to the other Avengers, just like they were to her.

She stood quietly, shoving the phone into the pocket of her hoodie before going to the sink and dropping her plate and fork into the sink before walking passed Tony, tapping his arm in comfort. 

"It truly has begun now." She smiled before walking back to her room, closing the door before hopping on her bed, sighing in relief as she opened her laptop to her Netflix screen. 

'Swear all I'm ever on on this thing is Netflix.' She thought to herself as she scrolled through her list before finally deciding upon 'Dear White People.' She smirked as Logan Browning who played one of the main protagonists Samantha White. 

"Dear White People..."

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sat under a tree within the compound, her headphones plugged in. Lolly by Juicy J blasted down her ears as she wrote in her notebook. She hummed to the tune of the song. It was catchy.

Her knees were close to her chin until somebody knocked one of her feet. She glanced up to see Natasha, glaring at her. She smirked awkwardly at the former assassin. Nat sat beside as she removed her headphones from her ears and waved at the woman.

"Don't wave at me, you cheeky bitch, Why didn't you tell me you were staying?" She asked, trying to stay angry. She knew she couldn't though as she hugged the woman. "It's good to see you Gemini. But seriously why?"

Gemini sighed and then went onto explain the events as to why she was visiting, and staying at the Avengers Compound after years of refusal. Natasha was glad the woman was here because then she had another female there. There was only herself and Wanda, unless Laura was visiting, with Gemini being there it made her happier to have another girl.

"Well, I'm definitely glad you came out of your hidey hole that is The Raven or Braddock's to come and stay with us. I'm guessing you'll still be working though." Gemini pulled a face at her stupid assumption.

"You know I don't take hand-outs. I earn my keep in places where I stay...unless it's a hotel. That's the only exception." Natasha chuckled at the girl's response. "But you'll definitely be seeing more of Dixon and me."

"Good. I hate drinking vodka alone." Natasha joked making the two burst out into laughs. "Does anyone else know you're here?"

Gemini shrugged. "Tony does, obviously, he was the one that brought me here. You, again obvious. Lila, Cooper, Nathaniel, Laura and Clint. But that's it. None of the others have noticed me, but I've sure noticed them." Natasha scoffed at the rubbish skills of observation from the team. Gemini smirked. "Tony and I want to see how long it'll take for them to finally realise I'm here and how bad they'll feel after."

Natasha's eyes narrowed at the girl. "You're evil when you want to be." Gemini nodded. Natasha then realised something. "Hang on...I need to go find Tony." She said suddenly standing up.

Gemini could sense what was coming as she whistled to the woman. "Please don't tell me this is another bet between the two of you." She pleaded.

Thankfully Natasha shook her head. "No not at all." Gemini let out a sigh of relief, but too soon. "It's gonna be Tony, Clint and me doing it. See you Gem." With that she walked away. Gemini grumbled at her friend's antics before shrugging and placing her headphones back over her ears, Wonderland by Taylor Swift started playing.

Gemini glanced up slightly when she noticed Clint, Tony and Natasha shaking hands, before looking over towards her.She knew the bet had been made. She shook her head and returned her attention to her writing, humming the new tune. 

'We found Wonderland. You and I got lost in it.'

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoy this chapter

The next one will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx