thirty

Beomgyu walked past our table and didn't even glance a bit.

"Beomgyu!" I called.

He stopped for a moment.

I could see some of the students whispering. Those are the people who know that it's rare for me to approach someone because I only talk to Yeonjun.

Forced to admit that he had no idea, Beomgyu looked at me questioningly before saying anything.

Yeonjun and I both giggled because of his reaction.

"Come and join us."

He scratched his head and was hesitant. But still, he went towards our direction.

"So, you two are already friends?" Yeonjun started.

"Yeah,"

"No,"

We looked at each other and I can tell from Beomgyu's face that he was confused.

"You know it already?" Beomgyu asked Yeonjun.

"Yep. Nami told me." He answered.

"Really?" He turned to look at me and I nodded.

He then jumped out of joy.

🌰

The next day, I wondered why Beomgyu didn't come to school.

"Where's Beomgyu?" One of my classmate asked. Afterwards, she poked me in my shoulder. "Hey, I'm talking to you."

I removed my earphones and raised my brow. Why is she bothering me?

"I don't know." I replied.

"Oh, please," She said, flipping her hair. "Aren't you supposed to know since you're now close friends?"

How did she even know--oh, right. News spread fast.

They dare to care about what's happening with my life. Why don't they just focus on their freaking lives?

"Didn't you understand what I said? Should I repeat it again?" I said, annoyed.

"Look at that attitude! Are you being like that because he chose you to be his friend even though many of us wanted to be friends with him?"

"Are you that jealous?" I said defiantly.

"What? Jealous? I'm not!" She defended. "I'm saying this because I know the reason why Beomgyu befriended you."

"So what if you know?" I said mockingly. "If you don't have something good to say, shut your mouth."

I stood up and went outside.

It would be a lie if I said 'I was okay'. I really wished I was invisible and people wouldn't care about me. But, this is reality. A simple smile or hug is what I needed right now.

I wasn't sure when things had started to change, but these past few weeks my life became more complicated.

Walking around, I found myself at the court where Yeonjun is. Our eyes met and he gave me a smile.