Chapter 25 - Found

Another double update!

Sang

The wait was terrible.

We had already been waiting an hour at Ryder's house for his men to find the right warehouse. I was at the edge of boredom. All my kids knocked out and were on pain killers. My boys were brooding in the corner, probably thinking over seeing me torture that man.

The worst part is I have no regrets. The man deserved it and if I could go back in time, I would do the same damn thing. I would do anything to protect the people I love. I consider the Blackbourne Team as the men I love-loved. I don't know anymore.

Why did they have to come back and stir up all these feelings?

Why can't I live like I did after they left me?

The past that I thought locked away deep in my head comes crashing back to the front of my mind

The past that I thought locked away deep in my head comes crashing back to the front of my mind. My dark thoughts come back to bring me down memory lane, to places I rather forget, to moments better left locked deep within my head. 

"Sang, Sang!" a voice brings me out of the nightmares of my past.

How long was I stuck in my head for? This hasn't happened in ages, I thought I had control over it by now. I guess not, shit!

"Yes?" I reply trying not to sound like I was just experiencing my worst memories in my head.

North gives me a look, "We've been calling your name for the past five minutes."

I give him a fake smile, "Just thinking about Volto."

Victor clearly doesn't believe me, but he lets it go, "Ryder called. He said to meet him in his office."

I jump off the couch, "What are we waiting for then?"

Nathan answers, "Well, we don't know where it is and you were daydreaming."

"Oh right-" I say. 

I lead the way up the stairs and down the hallway. Ryder's office was pretty protected ad insulated to avoid assassinations or for a police raid to find it quickly. It was rather smart actually. If I wasn't leading the boys, they wouldn't see the door.

I opened and called out, "Hey, Ryder. What's the news?"

Ryder smiled and stood up, "We found them."

Nathan rushed forward, "Really! Where?"

He chuckled, "Calm down, man! Your guys are at a warehouse own by several different shell companies. Volto covered his tracks well. The only thing my techies could find is that most of his funding came from some shit called the Academy."

We all froze and Victor cleared his throat, "Sorry what?"

Ryder shrugged, "I think it's the government, but it's called the Academy. Sang knows, she caught some of their spies once. She didn't let me kill them, but cried afterwards. I assume you are all Academy."